6950 in CF is amazing

Rofltroll

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is he leaving?

Moving to another department.

Are you meaning ati or amd? ATI is no longer in existence.

I said AMD

Bosco said "Its only taken AMD" so AMD. I dont think anyone would have been terribly confused even if ATI or Radeon was used instead though.

:withstupid: Thank You :)

He is the main guy that has kept things together.......

We shall see

I know why this is a concern from you, I wont derail the thread with it but....If you look close at things there is a sign of a dilemma, or at least if i were there it would for sure be. Man i hope for the best, but.........

Well their drivers cant get worse than what they are now :lol:

After all the driver problems I've had and with all the performance optimisations amd has done , my next upgrade path is Nvidia even if it is more expensive.

Hopefully in 2011 they can get their act together and solve all their problems.

I've never had an issue with AMD drivers, although I concede I've only had AMD for 2 years (4890 vapor-x) and my current gigabyte 5870 but I've used the drivers since 9.2 I think and I've had no issues. When people say they have had driver problems what do they mean exactly?

I've never had an issue with AMD drivers, although I concede I've only had AMD for 2 years (4890 vapor-x) and my current gigabyte 5870 but I've used the drivers since 9.2 I think and I've had no issues. When people say they have had driver problems what do they mean exactly?

I had these problems :

1. Games like BFBC2 acting wierdly (I think its fixed by now but I havent checked)

2. Triple Crossfire 5970+5870 only working on 10.3 drivers and not being detected on later drivers

3. Random fan speed ramp downs during overclocking (this actually may be why my 5970 died on the Accelero Xtreme , the cooler is so quiet I cant hear if it ramps down)

4. Not being able to change 5870 fan speed in tri-fire until a program ( I had furmark) is minimized in desktop else is stays at auto no matter what you do

5. Crashing and "Driver stopped responding" messages

6. Lots of missing game textures and flashing objects

I could go on and on ......

I had these problems :

1. Games like BFBC2 acting wierdly (I think its fixed by now but I havent checked)

2. Triple Crossfire 5970+5870 only working on 10.3 drivers and not being detected on later drivers

3. Random fan speed ramp downs during overclocking (this actually may be why my 5970 died on the Accelero Xtreme , the cooler is so quiet I cant hear if it ramps down)

4. Not being able to change 5870 fan speed in tri-fire until a program ( I had furmark) is minimized in desktop else is stays at auto no matter what you do

5. Crashing and "Driver stopped responding" messages

6. Lots of missing game textures and flashing objects

I could go on and on ......

damn you are unlucky :biggrin: I only ever had 5 and 6 but only when I was pushing the overclock too much. Not the drivers fault though.

Even i been using my 4870 for 2 and a half years,and i have never faced any problems,except the one of the older drivers dint detect my card.

damn you are unlucky :biggrin: I only ever had 5 and 6 but only when I was pushing the overclock too much. Not the drivers fault though.

I had 5 and 6 at stock speeds . I suppose that single cards like the 5870 etc dont have the problems dual gpu cards have.

my issue with AMD drivers is this... NET. and the extra bloat and unnecessary services that come along. Thats why i just use the display driver with my 4770. BTW does anybody know if the FP16 Demotion tweak and texture " optimizations" are applied with no CCC @ AI ( as in just using the display driver like i do) if not , i wonder why reviewers dont like just use the display driver for single gpu testings? :mellow: