6950 in CF is amazing

Rofltroll

So I was browsing guru3d when I suddenly saw this 6950 Crossfire review.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-crossfirex-review/1

The Modern Warfare 2 is the first game to be reviewed and i was like "meh" but then Far Cry 2 comes up ... In some games it's near a 480 in SLI which is saying something. In crysis it's just under SLI 580.Metro 2033 at 1600 rez we can see a 101% increase in performance over a single card.I'm usually an nVidia enthusiast but damn. Hats off to Radeon.

Edited by Rofltroll

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Modern Warfare 2 is the first game to be reviewed and i was like "meh" but then Far Cry 2 comes up ... In some games it's near a 480 in SLI which is saying something. In crysis it's just under SLI 580.Metro 2033 at 1600 rez we can see a 101% increase in performance over a single card.I'm usually an nVidia enthusiast but damn. Hats off to Radeon.

I personally don't find it all that impressive. Its only taken AMD years to finally get some CF actually working on decent games. Once they are consistant like Nvidia has been with SLI them I will be impressed.

Its still great gains but like I said I want to see it consistant.

Wow, I'm very impressed by those results! Especially since (2) 6950's are just a slightly higher cost, for a huge performance increase over the GTX 580!!!!!

Yea, I agree with consistency Bosco. But, heck at least they are getting it right with these cards, which hopefully is a sign of things to come!

Edited by SpeedwayNative

Yea, I agree with consistency Bosco. But, heck at least they are getting it right with these cards, which hopefully is a sign of things to come!

Time will tell. One of the main guys thats involved with their drivers is leaving, god I hope thats not a sign of whats to come :(

Time will tell. One of the main guys thats involved with their drivers is leaving, god I hope thats not a sign of whats to come :(

Ugh, that's not good... unless he was one of the main guys that was creating the fail drivers. :P

Maybe this isn't a bad thing! They may find someone who knows what they're doing. :lol:

Wow, I'm very impressed by those results! Especially since (2) 6950's are just a slightly higher cost, for a huge performance increase over the GTX 580!!!!!

They have got X-fire scaling well for 68xx and 69xx and thats a good thing for consumers who wish to x-fire instead of SLI. Yes its taken them all this time to achieve it for whatever reason. I hope it continues into the 7xxx series and beyond as well.

Edited by dihartnell

I personally don't find it all that impressive. Its only taken AMD years to finally get some CF actually working on decent games. Once they are consistant like Nvidia has been with SLI them I will be impressed.

Its still great gains but like I said I want to see it consistant.

Are you meaning ati or amd? ATI is no longer in existence.