Wich gpu should i buy?

victorribera

I guess my question would be if the 2 GTX 460's get very close to the GTX 580, one guy paid just over $300, the other almost $600 (I think over $600 in matty's case) - who is the real winner, lmfao ;)

In the US, the guy that saved $300 could have almost gotten a i7 and mobo with the money he saved..............(Evil Laugh) hahahahahahaha :evilgrin:

I guess my question would be if the 2 GTX 460's get very close to the GTX 580, one guy paid just over $300, the other almost $600 (I think over $600 in matty's case) - who is the real winner, lmfao ;)

In the US, the guy that saved $300 could have almost gotten a i7 and mobo with the money he saved..............(Evil Laugh) hahahahahahaha :evilgrin:

Actually, I did get a P6X58D-E for $100 from tacohunter52, I just needed to replace a capacitor from the damage done via holiday shipping ($.075 plus $1.50 for shipping). I also got an i7 920 d0 from a friend for $120 (though I did do a i7 950 MicroCenter favor and helped with spare watercooling parts). $80 to spare. :P

A challenge it is! The duels will be at 1920 x 1080 (unless you have 1920 x 1200, the higher, the better). We'll use most of the same games and settings as in the Tweaktown review. I want to see how accurate those tests are.

Resident Evil 5 - High Image Preset with Average FPS

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.K. - Very High Image Settings with Average FPS

Mafia 2 - Very High Image Preset with Average FPS

Lost Planet 2 Test A Scene 1 - Very High Image Preset with Average FPS

Alien vs. Predator - Very High Image Preset with Average FPS

Street Fighter IV - Very High Image Preset with Average FPS

Far Cry 2 - Very High Image Settings with Minimum and Average FPS

Batman: Arkham Asylum - Very High Image Setting with PshyX Off with Minimum and Average FPS

Then with High Quality AA and AF settings:

Mafia 2 Very High Image Settings with Anti-Aliasing ON and AF x16

Aliens vs. Predator Very High Image Settings with Anti-Aliasing x4

Far Cry 2 Very High Image Settings with Anti-Aliasing x8

Then some PhsyX tests:

Mafia 2 with Average FPS

Batman: Arkham Asylum with Minimum and Average FPS

did any1 think about 2x 470 sli? Its as expensive as the gtx 580 and i guess it performs beter . Also from those tests i can see 6870 as a good option

so:

2x 470

2x 6870

the three options are more or less the same price , and then we have 2x 460 wich is 100$ cheaper .

ewwww im so lost :(

Edited by victorribera

did any1 think about 2x 470 sli? Its as expensive as the gtx 580 and i guess it performs beter .

Not necessarily. The 460s are so awesome because they overclock to the moon. The 470s to the best of my knowledge do not oc as well.