TropicalPreist

Comparison MSI 460 vs Galaxy 460

Msi vs Galaxy  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which card would you choose?

• Msi Talon Hawk
    • Galaxy Super OC
    • GIGABYTE Super Overclock

I am no expert TP but just by the specs and features the MSI looks like the better card

and since I read the comparison that's the way I voted your poll

You can overclock some cards better than others and for a cheaper price. The ASUS TOP (1015 Core Clock) and MSI Hawk (922 Core Clock) have been known to overclock the best, then the non-TOP ASUS cards and the MSI Cyclones. You can get the non-TOP ASUS cards for $185 with a $20 MIR. ASUS MIR's are pretty reliable.

It really depends on what type of cooling you want. I always prefer going water for the coolest temps and quiet factor. The two you've selected seem to be pretty quiet with their non-reference fans. Either are good, but I'd go with the MSI Hawk. More fans = more heat dissipation, too. Which you'll want if you put them in SLI. I can get a single MSI Cyclone (lower version card) to 920 core clock, and I would bet the MSI Hawk could get to at least 920 core clock, too.

716mhz for gigabyte and 763nhz for evga,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, did you even look at the comparison link? The galaxy and msi have 810mhz Mr. Ed.

Maybe Mr. Ed is saying the same thing I am.......Why pay extra for the manufacturer to overclock your cards, when you can save the money and easily do it your self ;) 810MHz is a very easy overclock on these cards! I would also make another suggestion and say ASUS!!!!! They come with unlocked voltage control out of the box and also seem to have the most over clocking headroom!