The Death of a Great Video card

Nyt

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've phoned asus but they say since I put on an aftermarket cooler I void the warranty . It's kinda expected though , I knew coolers void the warranty .

I've got a friend who wants the 5870 so sorry guys ! I've never really blown a card before this one , Im a bit sad . This was also my first Asus card and no my bad says he doesnt want to get me an Asus card again . I had many cards and nearly all were MSI cards that never blew so he said his getting me this 580GTX. Its got solid capacitors so I think it will give me a little more peace of mind.

Im keeping the dead one on my shelf as a reminder to not oc too far ! And I'll also take it to school to show off an expensive paperweight :lol:

That's a shame...did you tell them you changed the cooler?? You should have just reinstalled the stock one and sent 'er in. They should be able to tell unless you originally pulled it off with a crowbar or something :rolleyes:

That's a shame...did you tell them you changed the cooler?? You should have just reinstalled the stock one and sent 'er in. They should be able to tell unless you originally pulled it off with a crowbar or something :rolleyes:

thats what I meant by "Sneaky RMA". :whistling: