Good gaming mouse

NikolaT

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the input. The choice of mouses here isn't great - mostly just Logitech and Razer really. I'll probably just get the G500 or MX518. Thanks again!

if thats your choices, I would go ahead and spend 20 more for the g500 over the mx518 :thumbsup:. the g500 has a better sensor and is abit more adjustable weight wise, either is a good choice though.

The best mouse I've ever used was the Emprex M873u. I picked it up for £6 ($10) in a sale on Amazon and it hasn't failed me. It's a dedicated gaming mouse, but at 1/5 of the price :D It's my best purchase of 2010, and I'm not going to hesitate recommending it ;)

Here's the link for it. I looked on Amazon.com and couldn't find one, so I'm more talking towards the UK D: Sorry.

Edited by PurpleSuperman

the mx518 is the arguably one of the top 5 best mice ever made.

the only real downside to it is that it has a 125hz polling rate. being as this is overclockersclub and not stockclub, i'm willing to assume you're not afraid to do some tweaking. so google how to change your polling rate in whatever OS you're using. i'd go into details here, but i honestly don't have the time/desire to explain what someone else already has.

i recommend 500hz over 1000hz unless your mouse runs 1000hz stock.

125hz = 8ms

250hz = 4ms

500hz = 2ms

1000hz = 1ms

I have had the Logitech G500 and now I will Never change. On the fly DPI adjustment, Interchangeable weight sets, 8 buttons that you can manually configure to do whatever you want, or they come pre-configured if you don't feel like it, even the scroll wheel is adjustable, to either click, or free scroll. It is amazing. High quality build, and the usb cable is sheathed in Nylon for shielding instead of rubber coated, and long enough for a tower seated on the ground next to a full-sized desk.

i own a g500 and i have several complaints.

1. its too heavy and the weights only make it worse.

2. has problems tracking on cloth pads

3. doesn't have the greatest malfunction rate.

basically, the mx518 does everything the g500 does except weigh as much, store settings in the mouse and have 1000hz stock polling rate.

the mx518 however, tracks perfectly on either hard or soft surfaces and has a very desirable malfunction rate.

Death Adder>mx518>mx500>xai>g500

this information is coming from a 10+ year veteran in competitive first person shooters (namely css)

If you don't mind spending some extra dough, get the Razer Mamba. It can be switched between wireless and wired mode, and the wireless mode has no lag what so ever. Best mouse I ever used, and I've used both the G5 and the Mx518. It also has a 1000Hz polling rate and 5600 DPI.

I bought my mouse when I was 16 because I found the name absolutely hilarious.

OCZ Dominatrix. That's right, I've got a dominatrix as my mouse :rofl:

Is it smart to purchase a mouse based on its name? :D

Edited by Jump4h

Is it smart to purchase a mouse based on its name? :D

Probably not, but I was 16, the specs and the price was right, so I went for it. I haven't regretted it.

I think I payed $35 after shipping? It was on sale.

That said, it's not as nice as the G5/G500, or the Mamba.

I loved my MX518 until it died, was about 4-5 years. I would have bought another one, but I got a Microsoft Habu free from a promotion. I have been using it ever since and got a spare. It is a Microsoft branded Razer mouse and works great. Though it did take about 2 weeks to get used to the different mouse shape.