GTX580 or HD 6970??

MercuryDoun

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should i go with?

• The 6970 with performance near the GTX580 and cheaper to boot, but So loud it hurts?
    • The more expensive but higher performance GTX 580?
    • Or just sit back and wait to see what the GTX595/HD6990 have to offer.

The core design may be a faceplant , but the 6970 card is still great performance and cheap

I'll agree that for straight gaming, it's competitive with a 570 in price and performance. You just don't usually see "Here's our next gen! You have no reason to upgrade from our last gen!" If I had a 5870 I'd OC it and call it a day.

NVIDIA Focus Group Member

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to

facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll agree that for straight gaming, it's competitive with a 570 in price and performance. You just don't usually see "Here's our next gen! You have no reason to upgrade from our last gen!" If I had a 5870 I'd OC it and call it a day.

NVIDIA Focus Group Member

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to

facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.

So if we look at last gen, when 5870 was way behind 480, now the gap is not as much between 6970 and 580 so amd improved more than nvidia, what more is there to say than good job amd?

EDIT:

Also they planned this gen to be on 32nm i kinda sux to be stuck on 40 then (nvidia would have stayed on 40 anyway)

Edited by medbor

6970 wasnt meant to compete with the 580,just see the pricing,its priced similarly to the 570,u have to see the gap between the 6970 and the 570,not the 580,and looks like amds winning in my country,the 6950s are selling like hot cakes.