AddictedGamer93

Graphics Upgrade

:lol:

So thats why there are so many "Nvidia the way its meant to be played logos (since AMD stuff runs the game like crap)" in games

yep, they are like a deadly virus that continues to spread widely and quickly... a pandemic of corruption and uncompetitive business practices :sick:

Well, they have got to keep their market. AMD has CPUs and stuff but nVidia has only GPUs. Plus if AMD put in the effort they probably could trounce nVidia. But the same is true of nVidia, the problem in the gaming world is we are not the top priority, both companies make more off of their professional series (quadro etc.) than they do off enthusiast cards. So obviously they put their best work into the professional cards.

I doubt professional series cards are upgraded as often as the enthusiast cards.

Prob not, but the high end workstation cards are priced like this. So upgrade frequency doesn't really matter ;)

I think you were right. The gtx570 is waaay better at your resolution. It trounces the 6970 at 1680x1050 in a lot of games. Plus i dont think the driver update in the 69xx's is gonna be dramatic. I am a little sad by this round from aMD. As far as unfair business, well thats all hog wash and bologna that all steamed from a man with a nasty agenda., I mean you can say all sorts of things about both companies. For one AMDs reducing IQ to get more performance. Thats a very real thing that is happening today. I consider this shady and only their customers are getting the shaft (i was one and disappointed by it). What makes this worse is they only reduced the IQ to gain fps on their most powerful models not the lower models that could use a boost if fps. And these new optimizations were only complements to the fp16 demotion they implemented on all DX9 titles just a few months back. I dont like this direction from amd cause it aint pretty. See both companies can look bad if someone is willing to spin it. But.....

Is that why i suggested the 570, NO WAY. The reason is that at 1680x1050 the 570 beats the 6970 and its cheaper, its a no brainier. Overall both cards are really close and its not true the 5970 wins in most benchmarks, that is not true at all. It does appear the 6970 wins over the 570 more often than not on a lot of benchmarks CHOICES by reviews. They are close to even, just about as close as you can get.

article of usefulness

It breaks down the performance averages of several games and is resolution specific. This is a good place to look

Edited by ocre