The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

Bethesda has said before that it used some new compression techniques to get Skyrim to be a more manageable installation size. While it may only take up ~6GB, that is due simply to the compression techniques it used. I mean, does it honestly matter how much space a game takes up? No, no it does not because there are going to be new compression techniques introduced all the time to help get a game to take up as little space as possible for people with limited hard drive space.

You guys are hilarious... Trying to judge if a game is going to be good based on how big the folder is?? Really? Why don't you wait to play the game before you make an assumption. Plus, you have seen the videos online of the game play and anyone who has played it said it was amazing.

You guys are hilarious... Trying to judge if a game is going to be good based on how big the folder is?? Really? Why don't you wait to play the game before you make an assumption. Plus, you have seen the videos online of the game play and anyone who has played it said it was amazing.

Don't tell me you wouldn't be worried if the next game in your favorite franchise of HUGE open world RPGs is less than half the size of most new linear shooters coming out lately. Its probably just good compression as many people have mentioned here, but It is a bit scary considering the lack of content in some of those games vs the amount of content hoped for in Skyrim. (Case in Point.. MW3 =16GBs)

Why would Bethesda have such a better compression method than everyone else (even ID games, which is owned my Bethesda? Rage @ 25GBs :unsure: )?

But, I still think it will be great, I just have to wait and play the game.

Edited by 90sgamer

Don't tell me you wouldn't be worried if the next game in your favorite franchise of HUGE open world RPGs is less than half the size of most new linear shooters coming out lately. Its probably just good compression as many people have mentioned here, but It is a bit scary considering the lack of content in some of those games vs the amount of content hoped for in Skyrim. (Case in Point.. MW3 =16GBs)

Why would Bethesda have such a better compression method than everyone else (even ID games, which is owned my Bethesda? Rage @ 25GBs :unsure: )?

But, I still think it will be great, I just have to wait and play the game.

EDIT: Whoops, meant to modify my post not reply to it :pfp:

Edited by 90sgamer

I'm not worried, because Bethesda always comes out with great games that immerse you for days...

I'm not worried, because Bethesda always comes out with great games that immerse you for days...

Yeah, there has yet to be a Bethesda developed game I have been disappointed with after playing, so I better shut up and just enjoy the game when it unlocks for me in 1 day 10 hours!. :cheers:

You guys are hilarious... Trying to judge if a game is going to be good based on how big the folder is?? Really?

At least they're actually judging how good it is going to be and not being ridiculous and saying:

"Game of the year lol best game ever loolololol"

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Skyrim is going to be fantastic but giving it an award is god damn imbecilic.

At least they're actually judging how good it is going to be and not being ridiculous and saying:

"Game of the year lol best game ever loolololol"

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Skyrim is going to be fantastic but giving it an award is god damn imbecilic.

Once it gets mods...It will easily be GOTY ;)