The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

I removed them sheesh louise, currently on my phone internet....which also loaded them with no trouble

Same here, the 3G connection on my iPhone in Australia isn't the fastest either. Had to boot up the PC to make seeing the pictures worthwhile though. Fantastic scans, so much easier to read then the crap I'd seen before. Thanks IVI.

hope they do something like longsword in one hand and when u attack with it u can channel say a lightning spell into sword to cause massive damage...don't say enchantments are for that...

Enchantments are for that :D Enchantments work both ways either they are casted as enchantment buffs or magical properties already on the weapon.

I'm kind of curious what hardware it'll need. Oblivion was fairly intensive when it came out, so I'll expect similar of Skyrim.

I also want to know how much multithreading it'll be capable of. New Engine might make use of 4+ cores (I HOPE!)

Can't wait. The announcement of this game made me go back and play Oblivion for a while lol. I had a character that I based purely on Magic and Marksman (Destruction and Illusion magic, mainly)

Edit: Spelling :doh:

Edited by iskout

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty crappy comparisons and analysis, IMO.

Skyrim character models don't look much better than Oblivion, but hopefully that'll be improved by the time the game goes gold.

Better spell effects? Can you really tell that from a static screenshot? Not really. I forget the name of the spell in Oblivion, but my favorite spell effect actually caused a ripple through the air.

Fancier interface? I guess whoever wrote that article is a console gamer because the new interface may look pretty, but it seems like it'll be just as horrible as Oblivion's interface. There was a reason why the first mods created for Oblivion were UI mods.

Pretty crappy comparisons and analysis, IMO.

Skyrim character models don't look much better than Oblivion, but hopefully that'll be improved by the time the game goes gold.

Better spell effects? Can you really tell that from a static screenshot? Not really. I forget the name of the spell in Oblivion, but my favorite spell effect actually caused a ripple through the air.

Fancier interface? I guess whoever wrote that article is a console gamer because the new interface may look pretty, but it seems like it'll be just as horrible as Oblivion's interface. There was a reason why the first mods created for Oblivion were UI mods.

Sorry, but the character models not looking better? I REALLLY need to pull you up on that one.

In Oblivion, to make any character look relatively attractive (Or heck, even normal), you'd have to spend at least 15 minutes experimenting with sliders. Same with Fallout (almost). It's just too difficult to make anything that looks good and natural.

Whereas that NPC in the Skyrim screenshot, even if she has been dolled up specifically for that shot, looks 1,000,000x better, more detailed, and more natural than anything Oblivion could ever hope for, and this is pre-release.

I think you're in for a shock ;)

I have to say I agree with Danrik. The female character model in Skyrim looks so much better than the one in Oblivion. She looks natural while the guy in Oblivion is just kind of generic. I think you need your eyes checked Clay, the Skyrim character models really are improved.