The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

Psh. You obviously have not played Diablo games like I have. D2: LOD is still one of the best games ever.

To be fair I have no played any of the Diablo games. But to me FPS/RPG is my absolute favorite style anymore, those overhead type RPGs never draw me in.

Jesus I took one 1 alpha male and 1 queen(Sloan quest) and damn those were hard. I kill regular deathclaws with maybe 4-5 shots(usually 2-3 because of the first sneak attack, overcharge microfusions) Whereas the Alpha male took way more Max Charge hits to kill, queen was an even bigger classy lady, kept bugging and not allowing me to shoot/get into pipboy to get stims.

Anyways, 11-11-11, the day I get back into gaming! :D

Finally a Nord based game, should be interesting.

I just pick off Deathclaws with my Ratslayer rifle, maybe 5 shots to head. I don't know how many it'd take for the Alpha male or Mother but I killed those pretty quick with the Gauss Rifle (though I'm sad it's not a single shot anymore). I had to put it back in my cabinet of weapons and go back to ol' trusty Ratslayer.

Oh and they better include Oblivion style skill building (where when you do something alot, that skill increases). I don't understand how me bashing heads in with my brass knuckles in fallout makes me a better trader :huh: , that was my biggest gripe with the new Fallouts

Oh and they better include Oblivion style skill building (where when you do something alot, that skill increases). I don't understand how me bashing heads in with my brass knuckles in fallout makes me a better trader :huh: , that was my biggest gripe with the new Fallouts

Uh, doing something in an Elder Scrolls game is pretty much the only way to increase that skill. If you had read what I post right before, you'd even see that. :P

Uh, doing something in an Elder Scrolls game is pretty much the only way to increase that skill. If you had read what I post right before, you'd even see that. :P

lol sorry, I had this tab open for a while (so your post wasnt up) , that's a nice list of things to further grab my attention to the game.

To be fair I have no played any of the Diablo games. But to me FPS/RPG is my absolute favorite style anymore, those overhead type RPGs never draw me in.

As usual, we're in the same boat IVI. FPS/RPG ftw ( mass effect :D )

To everyone that complains about some aspect of the Fallout/TES games, you know the games are totally moddable and you are able to change just about EVERYTHING?
Games shouldn't require modding to enjoy. That's not to say Oblivion wasn't an enjoyable game, but complaining about the NPC level capping is valid and it's not surprising that it's of concern for the new game. And though it's highly likely Skyrim will be moddable, as was said, we don't know that just yet.

As for modding games, I can't speak for others, but I rarely install mods for my first playthrough in a game, especially ones that change how a game plays. I want to play the game the developer intended me to play.

I'm guessing you won't be able to ride dragons as you have to kill them...
Dragon mounts would be awesome!

Psh. You obviously have not played Diablo games like I have. D2: LOD is still one of the best games ever.

Agreed. As awesome as Skyrim will potentially be, D3 will potentially be even better.

I read through the article yesterday as soon as the Game Informer arrived. It looks like Bethesda has created an entire language that the dragons use, and when your character (one of the dragonborn) slay a dragon (of which there are more than just the big boss), you absorb the dragon's soul and learn a word of power. Once you know a few words of power, you can string them together to unleash an ability. Saying one set of words may launch your enemy flying backwards, while another set of words slows down time allowing you to move in for the killing blow. Seems to be pretty sweet.
That sounds like a pretty sweet addition to the game, and may entice me to continue with the main storyline instead of exploring and just doing side quests like I did in Oblivion.

For the dual-wield ability, you can wield anything really. You can have a mace and a dagger, a sword and a sword, or even a spell and a shield. The article even said you can have two spells in either hand, so a fire and a lightning one, or two fire spells to create an even bigger blast. Seems pretty open ended on that regard.
I will definitely focus on being a mage if I can dual-spell!

The menu system has gotten a MASSIVE overhaul. Gone is a HUD of any kind. When you pull up the menu, you are presented with the usual Skills, Magic, Map, and Inventory.. but each one is different. For Skills, you look up into the sky and the constellations form the skills you have. Going to the Map has you looking down and then zooming way far out to give you a view of the entire world, topographically. Fast travel does make a return but it looks like the Map will be really involved this time, sounds like it shows rivers and mountains and forests in better detail. Magic has 85 different spells even.
When developers do things like that, it definitely increases immersion, but after awhile, it becomes less cool and more of a nuisance, at least if the game remains "running" while viewing your skills, map, etc. I don't want to have to remember to pause the game (assuming you can) before entering each menu, I hope it auto-pauses.

There is no real class system. Instead of picking a class in the first hour or so like the past TES games, you instead have certain abilities that just get better over time to form what your core abilities are. So instead of becoming a knight or battlemage and having a strict set of major and minor skills, you just focus more on using swords, shields, heavy armor, and spells while you are adventuring and have those improve to form what you like best. It really is a way of having the game more suited to your play style and won't lock you in to a certain skill set. It is whatever you want to be.
I actually do NOT like this new change. In IV and III, you were able to be whatever you wanted to be just fine. The classes were helpful in that it gave you bonus points into stats/skills and, even more importantly, made your primary skills level faster (at least it did in IV, I can't remember if it did that in III).

As for modding games, I can't speak for others, but I rarely install mods for my first playthrough in a game, especially ones that change how a game plays. I want to play the game the developer intended me to play.

Same here even with my hundredth playthrough of a game I still like to play it like that.

I installed Morrowind about 2 weeks ago and played the vanilla game for about 20 hours and then decided I'd like to try out some graphics mods and some other things.

Same here even with my hundredth playthrough of a game I still like to play it like that.

I installed Morrowind about 2 weeks ago and played the vanilla game for about 20 hours and then decided I'd like to try out some graphics mods and some other things.

Whenever I finally start Morrowind, I am so graphic modding the poo outta it.

Ooooh. I forgot about graphic modding for Morrowind. Now with the new PC built, I will be downloading that next. First up is AVP, because I gotta kill some Aliens as a Marine with good graphics baby!

ANYWAY, back on subject. Whatever they do with this game, I will still buy it from day 1 and enjoy every second of it. I loved both Morrowind and Oblivion, both vanilla and modded versions. Sure, some things were frustrating, but the stories were AMAZING. That more than made up for any minor downfall either game may have/had.