Viexi

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

I agree with you guys but will admit that was a terrible article LOL

I said it was new, never said it was good. :lol:

I have to say I agree with Danrik. The female character model in Skyrim looks so much better than the one in Oblivion. She looks natural while the guy in Oblivion is just kind of generic. I think you need your eyes checked Clay, the Skyrim character models really are improved.

I said they "don't look MUCH better", I didn't say they weren't better at all. My point being, they're still subpar compared to several other games, but as I stated, I'm hoping they improve as development continues. If you think that character model is amazing, you're the ones that need your eyes checked.

Did I say it was amazing? No, I said it was better looking meaning it is an improvement. Don't put words in my mouth.

I still prefer to play Oblivion with Oblivion graphics rather than Crysis graphics. I find the game looks great how it is. Skyrim looks like it will be great graphics for the game. You can't compare Crysis/Metro and Oblivion, they are different styles. Just like STALKER CoP looks great for its setting even though people say the graphics suck.

Hopefully there will be more factions/quests though, Oblivion was fun but Morrowind def. had more/better quests. The arena will hopefully be back too, or something like it.(Def. loved that in Oblivion). Oh and maybe Werewolves?

I love the way they did werewolves in Morrowind so I'm hoping something similar returns to Skyrim. Sure, being a vampire in Oblivion was nice but there was just something about being a werewolf in Morrowind.

I think Oblivion had a good amount of quests, but yeah, there could have been more or at least some variety to them on different playthroughs. I put so many hours into my first character that the other two were just going through the motions but with different skills/spells. I don't know if there will be any new factions, though perhaps it'll be like Morrowind with the different houses and then the guilds.

I still prefer to play Oblivion with Oblivion graphics rather than Crysis graphics. I find the game looks great how it is. Skyrim looks like it will be great graphics for the game. You can't compare Crysis/Metro and Oblivion, they are different styles. Just like STALKER CoP looks great for its setting even though people say the graphics suck.

Hopefully there will be more factions/quests though, Oblivion was fun but Morrowind def. had more/better quests. The arena will hopefully be back too, or something like it.(Def. loved that in Oblivion). Oh and maybe Werewolves?

When it comes to environments and atmosphere, Oblivion was great (and even better with modding). However, when it comes to character models, yes, Crysis should be what they aspire to because character models are a lot more important in an RPG than an FPS, yet FPSs are way ahead of most RPGs (Witcher 2 character models look great from what we've seen thus far though). You're constantly interacting with NPCs for questing, selling or just some plain old dialogue. I'd even venture to say that half your time in a TES RPG is spent looking at character models and specifically faces. So yes, I would definitely like to see more detailed models with facial expressions.

So you're comparing a game like Crysis, which came out in 2008 using a highly advanced engine even today, to Oblivion, which came out in 2006 using an engine that got passed by something like the Cryengine.

So you're comparing a game like Crysis, which came out in 2008 using a highly advanced engine even today, to Oblivion, which came out in 2006 using an engine that got passed by something like the Cryengine.

Um, no, I'm comparing Crysis to Skyrim, which will be released 3-4 years after Crysis. So yes, I'm hoping the character models are at least as good as Crysis.

Um, no, I'm comparing Crysis to Skyrim, which will be released 3-4 years after Crysis. So yes, I'm hoping the character models are at least as good as Crysis.

You do have a point, oblivion didnt have enough mobs of identical Korean cloned males :lol:

You do have a point, oblivion didnt have enough mobs of identical Korean cloned males :lol:

Like Oblivion didn't feel like many people were cousins throughout the world? lol

But that's besides the point...we're talking about the details and realism of character models, not the diversity. If you want another example, go check out the character models in Arkham Aslyum and compare them to that Skyrim chick. Or, as I stated before, if you want an RPG example, look at the Witcher 2 screens.

All I'm saying is that simply saying Skyrim will have better character models than Oblivion isn't saying much. When it comes to good examples of character modeling, I don't know many people that would even think of Oblivion.

Like Oblivion didn't feel like many people were cousins throughout the world? lol

But that's besides the point...we're talking about the details and realism of character models, not the diversity. If you want another example, go check out the character models in Arkham Aslyum and compare them to that Skyrim chick. Or, as I stated before, if you want an RPG example, look at the Witcher 2 screens.

All I'm saying is that simply saying Skyrim will have better character models than Oblivion isn't saying much. When it comes to good examples of character modeling, I don't know many people that would even think of Oblivion.

Yeah I know, I was just being a jerk (though always like to poke fun at Crysis since they were so gungho about their people never looking the same.....or maybe I'm REALLY racist :mellow: )

Anyway, yeah I hope that they really get some better diversity. It'd be even neater to see some families look similar or have certain towns have people of a different physique more catered to their part of the "world"

I though Mass Effect was pretty good about making the people pretty diverse (though aliens other than the main asari cast, were pretty samey other than color or height differences), humans though were done well.