The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

I don't know why but about 20% of the time after I kill a dragon it does not give me his soul. The last one I killed was part of the Companion quest and after it died it just laid there and did not burn up as usual, I was able to plunder it. I had already killed one at that location for the Word of Power so this dragon was just thrown in for the quest. Did not matter to the quest though it was completed. About soul gems... I am a soul gem whore, I can not pass one by. I carry around 200+ filled gems. Having charged weapons is a must when you play a stealth character like I do so gems, soul trapping, and weapons charging is one of the first things I learn how to do. It has been a while sense I played Daggerfall but I am sure it has been made a little easier.

By the way, I checked I am only at 55hrs played. :lol: Would be more but damn friends keep talking me into MW3. Gonna have to ignore them because I'm pining to play again. Won't be tonight though, got training. :(

Like others said, you can use the soul trap spell or a weapon that has the soul trap enchantment. You just need some empty soul gems of varying sizes in your inventory, since different enemies require different types of soul gems. Human enemies require a black soul gem, however, so just keep that in mind.

As for a thief, like Stonerboy said, there is a perk to make daggers do 15x damage when you're sneaking. That is the highest level of it, while a lower rank one gives you 6x damage. You can use spells, however you probably will not receive a sneak attack bonus with a spell.

Ok next time I play I will keep loading up the game to see if I can spawn a merchant with a soul trapping weapon. So how do I know what to kill to fill a soul gem? ...can you not just kill a bunny or something to fill it? The only thing I've really been able to sneak up on in order to do a sneak attack with my blades is the Draegar (wutever, the mummy dudes) that are lying in crypts. Everything else senses me before I can get close enough ...or they hear the blades when I charge up for a power attack. Seems like killing low level creatures would be the easiest way to meet the 5s.

Nope I still stop even if I run halfway across the map in a string of dragon encounters :)

For some reason I feel I must kill them :lol: also helps me explore random routs. Found so many caves ect doing this and quests always get left to the side :D

I'm not at that point yet, but I'm sure I will still do same because I do with Elk all the fricken time ...and those stupid things are faster than I am. :cry:

Like you though I run into so much along the way it always makes it worth it! On my new toon I ran off chasing some Elk because I needed the leather and next thing I was all the way on the pretty the other side of the map (some ghost lodge) getting owned by crap. Revenge got the better of me and I took out some Hagraven at level 5. :lol: Apparantly they are level 20 and I don't doubt that because I went through all my arrows and when I went to melee the hag she kept lifedraining and got back up to half health twice! I didn't save it because I wasted all my arrows and wasted way too many potions for crappy loot, but it felt good. :)

Anyways, it always ends up I discover some new place that needs their butt whipped and it usually starts from me chasing random stuff down.

Anything but humans will put soul power into gems. My strategy when starting out is to hack on whatever u r trying to kill then whip out whatever weapon has the soul trap on it then finisher it off with that.

You are a thrift at 55hoirs that can't sneak attack? :lol: sorry

All you do is this start with dual swords and sneak everywhere in ruins, caves ect your sneak builds up real quick. Then you pit most of your perk points directly into your sneak and one handed. Then once you are able to sneak up on someone with your swords (provided you unlocked the dagger 15x bonus switch to main hand sword off hand dagger using dagger for first attacks that should be insta kill.

If you join the thrives guild you will get plenty of equipment that will help you sneak. After 50hoirs I was on an effect sneak level of 120 and could just a about sneak in the middle of the day and could hit someone like a guard in the dark and be able to crouch and disappear.

Anything but humans will put soul power into gems. My strategy when starting out is to hack on whatever u r trying to kill then whip out whatever weapon has the soul trap on it then finisher it off with that.

ahh good idea, that I will use!

You are a thrift at 55hoirs that can't sneak attack? :lol: sorry

All you do is this start with dual swords and sneak everywhere in ruins, caves ect your sneak builds up real quick. Then you pit most of your perk points directly into your sneak and one handed. Then once you are able to sneak up on someone with your swords (provided you unlocked the dagger 15x bonus switch to main hand sword off hand dagger using dagger for first attacks that should be insta kill.

If you join the thrives guild you will get plenty of equipment that will help you sneak. After 50hoirs I was on an effect sneak level of 120 and could just a about sneak in the middle of the day and could hit someone like a guard in the dark and be able to crouch and disappear.

Ya well most of the time was spent on my first char where I was playing on the laptop. When I installed Skyrim on the PC it downloaded quicker than I was expecting so I figured I would start a quick game just to see what it looked like on the 24" IPS. Next thing I knew I had a new character. I could copy the save files over but I kinda like the new character ...and I'm lazy. :P

Plus I goof around a lot. Like when I accept Faendal as a follower I keep re-loading saves till he has nice magical items in his chest that I can take for free. :lol:

Don't look at the title of this video, and avoid food and drink while you're watching it if you want it to stay in your mouth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bifmj1O3D24

I want to sneak this into someone's game right before they play it for the first time. :evilgrin:

The zoidberg mod is pretty good too.

Edited by TheHippi

I want to sneak this into someone's game right before they play it for the first time. :evilgrin:

You are a bit late hippy i posted this a few days ago :P

But oh god yes, that would would be the best thing to do. My cousin has been bugging me to let him play, so it looks like I might just have to let him :evilgrin:

You are a bit late hippy i posted this a few days ago :P

But oh god yes, that would would be the best thing to do. My cousin has been bugging me to let him play, so it looks like I might just have to let him :evilgrin:

oops, I suppose I should actually pay attention to the thread. The worst part is I actually remember you posting the video, i just didn't watch it for some reason :doh:

But try to get it on video if you do. I was surprised and I even knew what to expect. I can't imagine going into that blind.

oops, I suppose I should actually pay attention to the thread. The worst part is I actually remember you posting the video, i just didn't watch it for some reason :doh:

But try to get it on video if you do. I was surprised and I even knew what to expect. I can't imagine going into that blind.

Watching someone go into that blind, would be the greatest thing ever, especially if you got someone that was seriously into the TES series :D