Viexi

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

The Total War games state the minimum resolution, but it is usually 1024x768 and 1280x1024. Nothing major, but a lot of people are still running a 4:3 screen.

I had Skyrim reserved at BestBuy, but the store won't be doing a midnight release. So I reserved it at GameStop. They said they are doing a midnight release and should be giving away goodies too, posters and stuff. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

I'm tempted to go to the midnight release for it. I may have to give a speech about 12 hours later though, and I don't know if I want to stumble through that while planning what to do next in Skyrim when I get back home. :lol:

I'm tempted to go to the midnight release for it. I may have to give a speech about 12 hours later though, and I don't know if I want to stumble through that while planning what to do next in Skyrim when I get back home. :lol:

You aren't a true gamer if..... Haha, you should go! You know you will enjoy it.

See, I have it reserved at a GameStop in Las Cruces, which is about an hour away from where I live. I wouldn't be getting home until about 1:30am or so, which wouldn't leave a ton of time to play the game. I just know that when I do start Skyrim I won't be doing anything else.. so say I get home at 1:30am, after I get it installed and everything I would not stop playing until I have to shower and head to class around 9am. :lol: Then after class, I'd come home and go right back to Skyrim.

I went to my first midnight for BF3. I usually go to the Gamestop near where I work but didn't ever think I would go to a midnight. Well I must say what an experience. BTW I work at a globally recognized research institute that happens to be in he middle of the ghetto. All I can say is I felt better having a conceal carry that night. Drug users and dealers and just ooddles of shady characters. I really thought since it was a poorer neighborhood it would be quiet. They even got a chant going ". F Modern Warfare." Off topic but funny.

Edited by InCrYsIs

I think the last midnight launch I went to was for Final Fantasy XII. There was someone dressed up, but uh, my friend and I could not tell if that person was a man or a woman.

So seeing all the gameplay clips from the teasers released these last few days, I've got to say the graphics do seem rather underwhelming. It looks like Beth have REALLY focused on Distant LOD. My word, it looks fantastic, but the minute details are bugging me. Specifically snow and rain textures, as well as water effects. And animation, too. That also seems a bit cheap.

However I did see a lot of jaggies, which leads me to believe it's all Xbox 360 footage, and hopefully the PC version will look that bit better...

Oh no. I'm finally becoming a graphics-hoe!

Edited by Danrik

From what I've read, all the gameplay footage so far (with few exceptions) is from the Xbox 360 version of Skyrim. Bethesda said it is easier to bring ten 360s along than ten gaming computers, so that is why every clip is of the 360 version. I am hopeful the PC version looks infinitely better, but if not, it shouldn't take too long for Qarl or someone to release an HD texture pack.

I don't care if it looks like Morrowind. I am just excited to see another chapter in the Elder Scrolls series. Why do all the good games come out around xmas this sucks. Skyrim, BF3, MW3 and ToR to top it off.. :(