Viexi

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

New article of an interview with Bethesda's Todd Howard over what is new in Skyrim.

Seems there will be carriages available to take you to new locations, seems similar to the silt striders of Morrowind. World will be about as big as Oblivion's, though it could be a bit larger. The auto-leveling of NPCs that Oblivion had sounds like it will be gone and will be more like Fallout 3's, where some areas will present more of a challenge until you get to a higher level. Dragons will appear in both scripted events and random ones, so you don't have to follow the story to fight a dragon. Melee system is being overhauled some to add more weight to the attacks, shields can be used to bash an enemy, even new animations it sounds like.

There is more as well, but so far, I'm liking everything I hear.

:3 I can't wait for a new elder scrolls, I need another fantasy escape game!!

Was a little confused by this though:

IGN: Will the PC version support DirectX 11?

Todd Howard: Yes, but I guess the real question here is do we take advantage of DX11's big new features and the answer is 'not specifically'. Our graphics work centers around doing things that will look the same regardless of platform, and sometimes that implementation will be different on the 360, PS3, and PC.

So basically Dx11 wont look any better than the DX9/10 version?

I'm REALLY debating whether or not to pre-order this!

:O

The skill system seems a bit dumbed down, but who knows it may be for the better?

Personally I like the idea of only having the three attributes. However, I wonder how they'll handle how much you can carry. For me, I always boosted the strength of the majority of my Oblivion characters so I could carry a lot of gear and hit the enemies harder. With having just health, magic, and stamina, will stamina tie into the carry weight or will health?

Time will tell, I know I will buy and love this game but I never preorder. Let that sucka drop in price :D

If the collectors edition also contained all previous games playable on Windows 7... that would be a deal.