Mass Effect 3

sack_patrol

Debut Trailer

This trailer looks pretty damn sick. I'm not sure I can tell if it's really good graphics, or if it's been shot irl.

Mass Effect 2 was the only decent RPG game after Fallout 1 and 2 so I'm pretty exited to see how ME3 turns out.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debut Trailer

This trailer looks pretty damn sick. I'm not sure I can tell if it's really good graphics, or if it's been shot irl.

Mass Effect 2 was the only decent RPG game after Fallout 1 and 2 so I'm pretty exited to see how ME3 turns out.

OMGOMGOMGOMG :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

I gotta wait a whole 'nother year!?!?! dammit, i can't wait! I .in love Mass Effect!!

It's def CGI, but looked damn close to real at the close up on his face when he looked up...

And meh, as an RPG, ME2 sucked, IMO. I love the story and the characters and gameplay, and so far the series makes an awesome action shooter, but on the RPG side I really think ME2 was a step backward from ME1... ME1 was chock full of character customization, whether it be armor or weapons, or skill/weapon proficencies, and ME2 not so much. I liked the idea of separate armor attachments, but there needed to be more, a lot more than there was, same for weapons. I really disliked how you had to essentially keep a vigilant eye out for . (namely weapons), otherwise you miss out. :nono: And that only certain classes (soldier/engineer/biotic) could use certain weapons... in ME1 you could use any weapon you wanted, regardless if you had proficiency in it or not.. :glare:

/rant

Anyways, for me, best RPG game goes out to Morrowind.

MMhmmm ME3... *drools* i hope they don't continue to go down the bad game road since EA took over. i liked ME2 for the universe but the change in gameplay made me dislike it a little.

Edited by hornybluecow

I liked ME2 a little better, it was more fluid (and despite how much I hated the probing of planets for resources....it beat driving the tank/car around endlessly for the same thing, even if it saved me from carpal tunnel)

ME1 definitely had a more epic ending BY FAR but I liked ME2 better.

Also I melted when I learned this:

MirandaLawsonvsYvonneStrahovski.png

I love Chuck and this made me like Miranda alot more, though I stuck with Liara but still want Tali the most. Engineer G/F ftw :wub:

(oh yeah and that trailer just gave me chills)

Debut Trailer

I loved ME 2 and I normally hate RPGs but it was a lot of fun. Hope this one is even better.

Edited by dihartnell

the way the trailer started i thought it was setting up as a prequel to ME1 (i.e. during the first contact war) that was until 0.45 of course :P.

Me wants it so badly. going to have to replay 1 & 2 soon. after i finish DR2 & FONV

i hope that ME3 strikes the right balance between ME1 & ME2 when it comes to customisation, side quest / minigame (excavating / rover exploring), inventory (too much management in 1, too little in 2)

Mass effect 2 spoilers below

I wonder how the story in ME3 begins if you get the ending where sheppard and all his crew die? youtube links

Edit: just thinking about it. i wouldn't mind if they made a prequel set during the first contact war. i think that could be quite interesting. it would probably be harder to incorporate the big consequence decisions the ME series is known for. i think it would also be impossible to have any flow on effects from decisions into ME1. those aside i think it would be cool given how good the writing team is over at bioware.

Edited by bilcliff

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I hope to god it Strikes a Real balance between RPG and A shooter, although ME2 was brilliant, i think we can ALL agree that it paled in comparison to ME1 in pretty much everything RPG Related. Also, it had Better not be rushed, seems an awfully short time ago that ME2 came out.

Tha said.. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ME3!!! ME3!!! ME3!!! :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

bilcliff read:

they don't die you got the bad ending lol. meaning you didn't play it 100% before doing the last mission.

also my biggest problem with ME2 is no reply value. i musta played ME1 over 100 hours, got the level 60 and beat it on all difficulties while just trying to play the whole game with every characters. ME2 gives me no reasons to ever play it again (unless of course i forget the plot). i just did ever single missions and side quests in one go and got ALL upgrades + level 30 cap in one go, and it wasn't hard compared to ME1.

Edited by hornybluecow

Mass effect 2 spoilers below

I wonder how the story in ME3 begins if you get the ending where sheppard and all his crew die? youtube links

Holy crap man, that was a depressing butt ending!!

Everyone but grunt survived for me :-/