Watercooling for a HAF 932, help wanted

Kieron

Hmm... Might not be a bad idea, I'll have a look for how to make room for it...

I checked out both DD and EK's sites, figured some things I'm way better off ordering from then, as opposed to buying within norway, so I'm ordering GPU and MB blocks, Rads, Res and Pump from them. Fans i get better quality and better prices as i work in a computer shop myself.

a lot of people that have the 932 they have the top rad and next rad on the outside going to down the back. but to fit it all inside and still get the get the proper temps will be a challenge.

make sure you get the right block for the GPU. unless of course you are going for just the block not full coverage. alot of cards will have 2 reference versions and sometimes even custom PCB (usually means you cant do full block). check your vender and card before dropping $120 on a block you cant use.

1st off, you may or many not be able to get you i7 930 OCed to 4.357GHz! Every cpu is different and you just never know what the OCing headroom will be. 2nd If you are going to run the i7 and 2 5970's (even just 1) in one loop, it will make hitting 4.357GHz that much harder! I will say that 1 loop with 120.3 and 2 x 120.1 radiaitors trying to cool an i7 and 5970(s) is a pretty big strech IMO! They recommend a 120.3 for the i7 alone, and that is in it's own loop! Your idea is putting 2 more 120.1 rads in the same loop and expecting it to cool a 5790, man I think that is a strech. Add a 2nd 5970 into the mix and I think what your asking your 1 loop to do is crazy ;) I know the 5970 doesn't run extremely hot, but I think you are just asking way too much of this setup! Especially if you are wanting to get anywhere near 4.357GHz on your i7! Heck I have my i7 on it's own loop with a 120.2 and Scythe Ultra Kaze fans in push/pull and the best I can get is 4.315GHz, and I feel like I have a great chip for OCing!

I know it will cost more and take more space, but if you can run your cpu and gpu(s) on seperate loops, you make it much easier to get your i7 OCed as high as you want! And even then, it isn't guaranteed!

1st off, you may or many not be able to get you i7 930 OCed to 4.357GHz! Every cpu is different and you just never know what the OCing headroom will be. 2nd If you are going to run the i7 and 2 5970's (even just 1) in one loop, it will make hitting 4.357GHz that much harder! I will say that 1 loop with 120.3 and 2 x 120.1 radiaitors trying to cool an i7 and 5970(s) is a pretty big strech IMO! They recommend a 120.3 for the i7 alone, and that is in it's own loop! Your idea is putting 2 more 120.1 rads in the same loop and expecting it to cool a 5790, man I think that is a strech. Add a 2nd 5970 into the mix and I think what your asking your 1 loop to do is crazy ;) I know the 5970 doesn't run extremely hot, but I think you are just asking way too much of this setup! Especially if you are wanting to get anywhere near 4.357GHz on your i7! Heck I have my i7 on it's own loop with a 120.2 and Scythe Ultra Kaze fans in push/pull and the best I can get is 4.315GHz, and I feel like I have a great chip for OCing!

I know it will cost more and take more space, but if you can run your cpu and gpu(s) on seperate loops, you make it much easier to get your i7 OCed as high as you want! And even then, it isn't guaranteed!

Atm my i7 (it's a 920 to boot, I seem to have forgotten all my components proper names before listing them earlier) is clocked to 4.357 with a Noctua NH-D14 without heat issues, and the card is on a stock cooler, and i have no heat problems at all, the card is clocked variably.

To compare, Corsair's Hydro H70 (single rad, decent block/pump) closed system gives me the same heat level that my Noctua does. With that in mind, wouldnt i get a comparative heatloss with better pumps, rads, rad-fans (push/pull), and better blocks, even with more components in the loop? I will ofcourse have to see how much cumulative heatgain I get inn effect with the 5970 in the loop, if i add a 2d, I'll probably have to add a 2d 120.3 on the outside.

Atm my i7 (it's a 920 to boot, I seem to have forgotten all my components proper names before listing them earlier) is clocked to 4.357 with a Noctua NH-D14 without heat issues, and the card is on a stock cooler, and i have no heat problems at all, the card is clocked variably.

To compare, Corsair's Hydro H70 (single rad, decent block/pump) closed system gives me the same heat level that my Noctua does. With that in mind, wouldnt i get a comparative heatloss with better pumps, rads, rad-fans (push/pull), and better blocks, even with more components in the loop? I will ofcourse have to see how much cumulative heatgain I get inn effect with the 5970 in the loop, if i add a 2d, I'll probably have to add a 2d 120.3 on the outside.

Running @ 4.357 suicide style and running @ 4.357 stable are VERY different! Are you testing the stability of you cpu while running at those clocks or just booting into Windows and calling it a day? If you are running those clocks on your i7 920 after running LinX, Prime95, ect, w/o crashing on air, then WOW. But, I would have to see a SS to believe it! If you can put up the SS to back this up, then you should be posting those here! Winter in Norway probably helps your cause, so you have an advantage there already!

Show me the money on LinX pls ;)

Edited by SpeedwayNative

Running @ 4.357 suicide style and running @ 4.357 stable are VERY different! Are you testing the stability of you cpu while running at those clocks or just booting into Windows and calling it a day? If you are running those clocks on your i7 920 after running LinX, Prime95, ect, w/o crashing on air, then WOW. But, I would have to see a SS to believe it! If you can put up the SS to back this up, then you should be posting those here! Winter in Norway probably helps your cause, so you have an advantage there already!

Show me the money on LinX pls ;)

I'm running stable on 4.357

I'll run some tests and take SS of it, and post it here aswell.

Edit: I havent run a single test on it yet, but im running that speed 24/7 while gaming, I've had 1 bluescreen the lasts months after final tuning, and i actually suspect that was the graph card... That and the fact i hadnt shut my PC down for a week :P Absolutely no heat issues, except noise.

Edited by Kieron

-Wich bay mounted temp display/control should i go for?

this is will be the next one i purchase. i'm not a fan of Koolance's radiators and water blocks (mainly because they use aluminum in almost all their products) but this little guy is just really nice.

Allright, I've had a look at configs and space in my case.

So far, space for the radse will not be a problem for 2 loops, I'll use a 140.3 for the Chipset/CPU (split line), and 2x 120.1 before the GPU (decided on not adding a 2d card, I'll consider upgrading to 1 or 2x 6990 when the time comes)

The problem is how much pressure i want on each loop, I've decided allready to use a pump/res combo, wich I've found more reasonable alternatives than using a Laing D5.

Considering that, the alternatives right now are;

-A double bay sized res/pump. Output 750 lp/h (liters per hour)

-Single bay res/pump. Inbult fan controller/display. 510 lp/h (300 usdx2)

-Single bay res/pump. Inbult fan controller/display. 420 lp/h (200 USDx2)

-Single bay res/pump. 200 lp/h, no controller/display. (80 USDx2)

I can use a single controller for all the fans without problems, what I'm worried about is what pressure im going to need for each loop.

At this point, Im looking at serious money, and i dont want to throw more into it than i need.

I'll be using the Swiftech Apogee XT CPU block, and getting a full block for the graph card, and a full mobo block, both from EK.

As for running stable, I should clarify, Im running stable for everyday use and gaming, if I push the CPU to 100% load, I'll last maybe 5 mins before crashing. And on air i have some noise, wich is why i want to upgrade to WC.

My PC is about 6 months old, and cost 5200 USD new, and im getting a OCZ Revodrive 120gb for it now. I want to keep this PC alive as long as possible, so with the kind of OC'ing i have submitted it to atm, i need watercooling.

When i DO get it WC'd the way i want to, I'll see if i can keep it on LinX or Prime, and post some scores for ya :P