Computer Pet Peeves

El_Capitan

Not really a PC pet peeve, but I can't stand people that go around with their eyes glued to their cell phone like zombies. They can't walk down a hall with other people and feel comfortable without having to pull out their phone and look at it, or make it through a meal, or anything.
+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I reeeeeaaaly hate that. When someone is with you, reference "hot chick" above they should be there because they are actually interested in spending time with you, not to spend it in their phone. Related but still not computer, i used to live in a real friendly neighbor hood where almost everyone would take to each other when they met in the street or the store, but when i went back for a visit everyone had their heads down looking at a cell phone or earbuds in with an ipod, no one said even "hello".

Is it not kinda sad that the longest current thread that is regularly updated is a griping thread. What does that say about us? :unsure:

When someone points at something at your monitor and touches it with their greasy finger. Like they really have to touch it for you to see what they're pointing at. :mad:

i seriously want to break a finger when someone touches my screens

People who think there computer is 100% stable by playing solitary or a video game on It.

People who think there computer is better then your cause the case glows

and people who are under the impression that Dell is the best computer in the world!!!!!! :angry: FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....

Is this a Rant thread or a pet peeve thread. :rofl:

agreed

when people call my computer slow when its just the internet that is slow not the computer

Vice-versa as well.

Some peoples computers take 10+ minutes to boot, take 5+ minutes to load a folder but once their browser loads (5 minutes later) they run all of their internet stuff at a somwhat tolerable speed.

Thus giving them the illusion that they're computer isn't slow.

Some peoples computers take 10+ minutes to boot, take 5+ minutes to load a folder but once their browser loads (5 minutes later) they run all of their internet stuff at a somwhat tolerable speed.

Thus giving them the illusion that they're computer isn't slow.

+1

Especially when you are trying to convince them that it boots slow and loads slow because their computer is slow. The internet to some people is the speedometer. I can load chrome on a an AMD64 Athalon at 985mhz and browse internet a tolerable speeds. That does not mean an AMD64 Athalon is a fast computer. (beside the point but when running old software from its era it runs quite snappy, especailly once i got rid of about 10GB of bloatware.)

People who think alienwares are the fastest computers money can buy.

When my mom tells me her internet is down because 1 specific page wont load, but everything else will.

When a certain noob kid at school says his alienware laptop is faster than my pc.

When someone doesnt get the difference between ram and hard drive capacity.

lol the list could go on.

Edited by AddictedGamer93