El_Capitan

Computer Pet Peeves

I left a stock sunbeam transformer in my room, on all day and night, for 2 years. I win.

For those who don't know, that's like having a hurricane with a flashlight in your room.

I've since replaced the fans, but it still glows, just now it glows blue/green from UV lighting and 2 blue LED Yate Loon 120mm's on my radiator.

how exactly do you win? i dont leave my pc running all night, it was a once off and normally my room is pitch black. i was just trying to highlight to deathmineral that LEDs are cool but get annoying if your case has that many they prevent you from sleeping at night

Heh, hit a nerve?

A little bit, mainly because of the word Ricer, it's just a terribly annoying word that people use more for an insult than anything, but it doesn't help that I wasn't in the best mood when I made that post either. :lol:

how exactly do you win? i dont leave my pc running all night, it was a once off and normally my room is pitch black. i was just trying to highlight to deathmineral that LEDs are cool but get annoying if your case has that many they prevent you from sleeping at night

Actually I've never come across anything that could prevent me from sleeping, I'm an extremely heavy sleeper. So much so that I've been told I've slept through a small tremor, obviously I wouldn't know that myself as i was sleeping.

Heck, sometimes I even sleep with my monitors on and they face my bed. As far as LEDs and computer lighting goes, my computer case has a fairly large fan in the front with blue LEDs, which isn't terribly bright but the hdd and power LEDs on the front door are fairly bright. Plus I have a keyboard with blue back lighting and my mouse as well. You'd probably have to shine a flashlight in my face to wake me up with a light. :lol:

Edited by Deathmineral

Actually I've never come across anything that could prevent me from sleeping, I'm an extremely heavy sleeper. So much so that I've been told I've slept through a small tremor, obviously I wouldn't know that myself as i was sleeping.

Lucky. while lights dont prevent me from sleeping, atleast not the lights we are talking about, i am an extremely light sleeper. If you come into my room to wake me up im awake before you reach my bed. it is rather annoying sometimes, like before i started fah 24/7 my comp would shut off at 5:00am and just tthe fans cutting out would wake me. 2 Nights ago we had a power outage and when my fan stopped blasting me with warm air i woke up. (i know cause it was still spinning down when i awoke)

Speaking of outages i hate when people plug expensive comps straight into the wall socket with no surge protector.

Speaking of outages i hate when people plug expensive comps straight into the wall socket with no surge protector.

Don't some computer PSUs have inbuilt surge protectors? But still i agree because ill rather replace a $30 socket surge protector than a $200 power supply :rolleyes:

Edited by Alexandre

Another pet peeve...

When people try to sell stuff at horrible prices to take advantage of people, especially on Craigslist.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/sys/2135710395.html - VGA 8800GTX card for $140 when he bought it 2 years ago for $500.

http://southcoast.craigslist.org/sys/2064443082.html - two Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB's for $375 when they had a sale at Newegg for $359 and free shipping before Xmas

The worst is when someone is trying to sell an i7 950 in Boston for $270 when they can buy it at Microcenter in Boston for $212 (after taxes).

In general, I hate 99% of the people trying to sell stuff on Craigslist. However, that 1% can be worthwhile.