Computer Pet Peeves

El_Capitan

8. Everyone who wants me to fix windows but wont let me re-install windows. I HATE THIS.

+1 that is so annoying! It's also incredibly annoying when someone asks you to "speed up" their computer because there is so much junkware/bloatware/malware on their computer from lack of any regular maintenance. Then, when you are fixing it they ask why it's taking so long :pfp: I'm sorry your computer is slower than you are. I will be here for a while, get over it!

Just thought of another...when people buy huge monitors and their gfx card cannot support the resolution so everything is giant and distorted. Or just integrated graphics in general!

+1

My mom did that bacuse it "looked so small" and was "hard to read" on the correct resolution. I got a headache everytime i used it.

My worst is when i see Chrome as my default browser (again).

• 2 weeks later...

1. People who put their greeezy boogerpickers on my screen

2. People who sneeze, cough, eat or mess with other messy crap, and then USE MY KEYBOARD!!! (Also, eat their messy crap over my keyboard and let the crumbs fall into it) <---- Maybe my wife will see this?

3. People who use my PC, and then take it upon themselves to "install" things without asking or change certain settings to their liking...

Edited by Rokkaholik

3. People who use my PC, and then take it upon themselves to "install" things without asking or change certain settings to their liking...

+1

Or people who ask you to fix something and then add other conflicting software to do the same thing and ask why you havent fixed it.

Oh man... this pisses me off to no end!!! Had some dildo friend of my brothers install skype and two other programs that i cant remember, along with 2 trojans... what a nice guy!

I don't think they would be my friend anymore :teehee:

besides I run a password, duh :blink:

oh boy......

definitely the touching the monitor thing sends me into a frenzy....just dont do it

people who want me to fix their PC for a favor but dont want it re-installed....I refuse to fix these and hand it back

people who want their PC fixed and want me to back up their crap and also want it done as a favor...I refuse to do this too... you back it up its not my stuff

alot of times I wont ask and I'll just nuke and pave and send them off on their way....

I REFUSE to fix PCs for friends and especially FAMILY...!!!!!

1. People who put their greeezy boogerpickers on my screen

2. People who sneeze, cough, eat or mess with other messy crap, and then USE MY KEYBOARD!!! (Also, eat their messy crap over my keyboard and let the crumbs fall into it) <---- Maybe my wife will see this?

Who are these people?

and why are they in my home? :foldon:

people who talk about knowing about computers, but the first time you bring up the term "processor socket" or "RAID" they get confused.

people who ask me for spare parts: Yes I have them, no I will not give them to you. Offer me a price, and I'll consider it.

friends who ask me to help them build a computer, then 2 days after we finish, I find that they screwed it up. (I only do the intricate things, and give them advice while they do the majority of the work.. for free, anyway)

Friends who ask for advice, yet completely ignore me when I give it to them. (Kid bought 1066 DDR2 RAM, mATX motherboard for $49.99, AMD Phenom II 940, and a 5770, then put it into a HAF X case.)

When I mysteriously find random software on my computer after allowing my friends/family to use it.

People who ask me simple questions because they're too lazy too look it up. (How do you unlock cores? :google: )

1. People who use their laptops as coasters when they're not using it. When I see a coffee stain ring on the back of the screen I feel the urge to rub their nose in it, swat them with a newspaper, and yell "No! Don't do that!"

2. People who store sensitive info (such as email passwords and credit card numbers) in text files on their desktop or on Post-It notes on their desk.

I can stand ignorance, it's those that don't know wtf they're talking about but claim they know everything about computers that get me pissed off. Even worse, those that get various certifications and immediately assume they're above everyone else for it, but still don't know wtf they're doing when it comes to computers.

Right after that is those that think that their computer is a racehorse: Beat on it, and it'll go faster.