Computer Pet Peeves

El_Capitan

People that refer to the case as the hard drive or cpu......

People that think ram and hard drive space are the same thing.... I had someone explaining to me that they were trying to install a program on their iMac and they kept getting an error about not enough memory space....

I don't trust Prime 95 anymore I did 28 hours at 3.8Ghz on my system, 25 hours at 3.7Ghz, and I did 26 Hours at 3.6Ghz as a triple core, it crashed playing Team Fortress 2 for about 20-30 min. If I go anything past 3.6Ghz as a dual core Team Fortress 2 will crash. OCCT also passes at all those settings.

Edited by slick2500

When someone wants you to fix their computer over the phone and they don't know what a start button, a toolbar, a dropdown or context menu, a desktop, an icon, or anything else is for that matter. They get upset when I tell them to bring it in to the shop. Then, to top it off, I've had people bring in their monitor thinking it was the computer.

Oh, and might I add, they are expecting it to be fixed for free over the phone. Because apparently I have nothing better to do at work.

Edited by rivalary

People who think Upgrading there ram will Fix everything.... BTW, Whats ram? :huh: I heard about it on the internet that if you, this conversation continues for about 5 minutes, Blah blah blah :fp: and that will make it fast.... :doh:

Mac users that think they computers are GOD...

Gamers in the middle of a Extremely vocal Nerd rage over team speak, vent or any kind of typing chat.

People that seem to think they know everything there is to know about computers and cant even figure out how to remove a side panel. :rofl:

When someone wants you to fix their computer over the phone and they don't know what a start button, a toolbar, a dropdown or context menu, a desktop, an icon, or anything else is for that matter. They get upset when I tell them to bring it in to the shop. Then, to top it off, I've had people bring in their monitor thinking it was the computer.

Oh, and might I add, they are expecting it to be fixed for free over the phone. Because apparently I have nothing better to do at work.

I know your pain, I work for Mercedes Benz and have to do roadside during the day and I run into people that want there cars "magically" fixed over the phone.

Edited by boinker

Then, to top it off, I've had people bring in their monitor thinking it was the computer.

fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu.png

EVERYONE is ignorant of some subject but it never ceases to amaze me how people are so ignorant of things that they use every day.

After my wife's brother messed up my computer...well nobody is allowed to touch my baby anymore.

I even get a bit peeved when the wife touches it. She has her own for a reason. :P

I agree , there is a reason

When your Prime95 stress test fails at 23hours and 58 minutes :glare:

Only 23 hours and 58 minutes. Try shutting down Prime 95 after 2 days and getting a BSOD!

Just because you are a capable of fixing small problems on PCs at the office people think you should fix all of their PC problems.

i cant stand how some people around here can't understand the difference between RAM and HDD's. The mis-use of memory being used for HDD's and RAM being apparently non-existant or un-learnable to them.

and the biggest pet peeve is someone larger than me, leaning over my computer chair from behind, looming over me so i can hear them breathing and can basically feel them on my chair, moving me around.

when someone calls me wanting help with some problem they are having, but they have no idea how to describe it, or what to look for. So I end up have to tell them where to look on the screen for things, like the top left for the file menu, or the bottom right and click "ok".

1. People looking over my shoulder, I feel the urge to headbutt them until they can no longer look over my damn shoulder.

2. When people point at computer screen and touch it. It makes me so sad because I work extra hard to make it pretty.

3. People who wont let me tell them that any modern cpu on the face of the earch could rip there pentium 4 to shreds.

4. People who insist there 7 year old 2.1GHz P4 is plenty of power for their needs. Honestly if they had more power they would know how wrong they are.

5. People who think Alienware is the most badass anything to happen to anyone. I used to feel this way when I was like 12... seriously, I just didn't know.

6. Iphone lovers, yes it is coold but I can throw my phone into a river and then off a building and make calls after. I win.

7. People who tell me Mac is better. That is an opinion, not a fact. If you can give me an intelligent reason why I will listen.

8. Everyone who wants me to fix windows but wont let me re-install windows. I HATE THIS.

9. People, I just can't stand them.

10. People that wont listen to why my computer could eat theirs in any benchmark ever. Their P4 system has more Gigablergs or some crap like that.

I am never going to let on that I know how computers work again. It is the best way to avoid this pain.