El_Capitan

Computer Pet Peeves

After my wife's brother messed up my computer...well nobody is allowed to touch my baby anymore.

I even get a bit peeved when the wife touches it. She has her own for a reason. :P

When someone points at something at your monitor and touches it with their greasy finger. Like they really have to touch it for you to see what they're pointing at. :mad:

I can't stand it... I'm so bad about it I have a bottle of cleaner and a soft towel setting on my desk. I have to even get my wife's laptop and clean it if I see it's all nasty when she's using it.

I really hate a cluttered desktop too. All I have on my desktops is the recycle bin icon.

Edited by the_dude

After my wife's brother messed up my computer...well nobody is allowed to touch my baby anymore.

I even get a bit peeved when the wife touches it. She has her own for a reason. :P

Th is why mine is off limits and there are two computers int he office for other people to use.

If they screw those up it is their own fault and I usually try to show them what they did wrong or at least hint at it so they may learn about it.

people who play facebook games especially if its on my pc, they slow my computer down so much its like its 1985

+1

I cannot stand it when people judge your computer by its internet connection... my dad gets online with my computer without noticing the browser loaded the second he clicked the button, navigated to a website and complained that it wasn't any faster than his P4 computer on the same connection haha

Just thought of another...when people buy huge monitors and their gfx card cannot support the resolution so everything is giant and distorted. Or just integrated graphics in general!

Edited by Shurman292

When you go to install some program and at every turn it wants to give you all sorts of extras like 'ask' toolbar and ll that rubbish. Why should Sun systems(Java keeps trying to install ask) care what search engine i use and why should i care what they think i should use.

I cannot stand it when people judge your computer by its internet connection... my dad gets online with my computer without noticing the browser loaded the second he clicked the button, navigated to a website and complained that it wasn't any faster than his P4 computer on the same connection haha

That is because what companies have been saying is completely true, the majority of computer users do almost everything online.

They don't use the plethora of programs that a computer geek uses so they don't know whether anything is actually fast or not, the only reference they have is their own computer's internet experience compared to another computer's.

Just thought of another...when people buy huge monitors and their gfx card cannot support the resolution so everything is giant and distorted. Or just integrated graphics in general!
My father has a 24" monitor that he runs at 800x600.

I cringe every time I see it and I offer to help him change the font size and tweak the settings but his adamant that he "likes it this way just fine".

*SHUDDER*

My father has a 24" monitor that he runs at 800x600.

I cringe every time I see it and I offer to help him change the font size and tweak the settings but his adamant that he "likes it this way just fine".

*SHUDDER*

Just walk away man...walk away.

When someone thinks a pc is amazing based on one component.

Tell me about it. I have people in my college who think their PC is better than mine simply because I built mine and theirs has a name like HP or Dell. Or even because I have 1x 500GB HDD and they have some generic 1TB one and it's somehow faster.