Sign in to follow this  
firefox11

2x gtx 470 or gtx 570

I currently have a gtx 470 on an Asus P6T deluxe V2. After running 3DMark11 I'm a bit disappointed. Would you suggest getting another gtx 470 for sli @ $250.00 or giving my gtx 470 to my dad (upgrading him from a 9800gt) and getting a gtx 570 @ $350.00? My monitor is a Hanns-G 25" 1080p. I would like to get at least 15-20 fps at 1920x1080 in 3DMark11.

Edited by firefox11

i woudlnt worry too much about a synthetic benchmark.. especially after seeing the "Fastest single gpu" getting owned by the last gen stuff with ease..

if ur games play right then leave it alone :)

i woudlnt worry too much about a synthetic benchmark.. especially after seeing the "Fastest single gpu" getting owned by the last gen stuff with ease..

if ur games play right then leave it alone :)

^This.

I still don't see the overzealous obsession with synthetic benchmarks like 3DMark 11, and Vantage. They just provide a point value for you epeen to enlarge, thats it. No real determinant on how game performance will be.

If you're itching for an upgrade and want the most power you can get, another 470 would be your best bet for raw performance.

I say the 570. Your dad will be very appreciative to have a 470.

The 570 won't be quite as powerful as dual 470s but:

1. You can upgrade the 570 to SLI in the future (I doubt tri-sli 470s gives much of an advantage)

2. You will be using a lot less power with the 570.

Just keep the 470, overclock it a bit, and save your $$ for something that will noticeably boost performance like an SSD. The overclocked 470 will provide optimum gaming on almost every game out there and as was mentioned, can be SLI'd in the future when you have to turn games down from ultra to very high :D

Just keep the 470, overclock it a bit, and save your $$ for something that will noticeably boost performance like an SSD. The overclocked 470 will provide optimum gaming on almost every game out there and as was mentioned, can be SLI'd in the future when you have to turn games down from ultra to very high :D

I am using a WD VelociRaptor 150mb version. SSD's seem too expensive for the benefit to me. My 470 is running at 1300, 1700 and the max temp I've seen is 71c. With everything maxed out in WoW I have seen as low as 17fps and similar numbers in STO. My monitors native resolution is 1920x1080.

^This.

I still don't see the overzealous obsession with synthetic benchmarks like 3DMark 11, and Vantage. They just provide a point value for you epeen to enlarge, thats it. No real determinant on how game performance will be.

If you're itching for an upgrade and want the most power you can get, another 470 would be your best bet for raw performance.

:withstupid:

Definitely overclock the 470 as high as you can, don't worry about temps under 90C!