Those temps look perfectly normal to me for a 920 on the stock cooler.

stupid.gif

No guys sorry my pc does not have a stick cooler. It's an eco coolit alc. I've also tried a D14, Megahalems with same results give or take a few degrees. :( Ill give you a pic later tonight.

Do you know the correct way to apply thermal paste ? How much did you use ?

but its not even running that hot for an intel.. why are u even stressing?? uve had intel owners tell u its fine, uve had guys with the exact same cpu as u telling u that its fine.. so why stress?

No guys sorry my pc does not have a stick cooler. It's an eco coolit alc.

For a Coolit with the stock fan those temps don't look unreasonable. The 920 is a pretty hot chip...what's your room temperature? What kind of fans do you have in your case? Are you using hot air from your case to blow through the radiator or are you pulling cool air from the outside?

Edited by Waco

Looks warm for a DO stepping chip.

Couple Questions

Using the air in the case to push through the radiator?

What case and how many fans in what configuration?

Problem is the same with 3 pretty good cooling solutions so you can look closer at the chip but with only 1.17v on a DO stepping that is a tad warm

Lapping is not that hard to do really but most heatsinks are now finished so that the heatsink will rest in the concave surface of the chip so you will need to lap both items.

There isn't a stock fan on the coolit. I have all high flow fans in the case too. sythe 110 cfm fans.

ccoke- I have a 800D, with three fans mounted on the top pulling air in.

Let me take some pics.

http://img715.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dscf1319u.jpg link to a picture gallery i just took of the system.

I don't think the eco is a particularly great Cooler but the 800 D is a great case so IMO the temps should be a bit better than that. The D14 should be a lot better cooler than the eco so I would switch back to that. Is ot possible the particular CPU is concave.