OVERHEATING

Yeah i've about had it with this i7 look at these temps at stock settings.............. who wants to lap this for me? If i can't get it at decent temps im going to break out a hammer and smash it.

http://img96.imageshack.us/f/59322233.png/ FULL LOAD IMAGE

http://img704.imageshack.us/f/60071134.png/ IDLE IMAGE

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing to be check, get another hardware monitoring software. From what i could see in the picks you were getting your temps from OCCT, it shows my temps as ten high as C higher than every other temp monitor i have.

That's actually very hot for stock clocks. A few questions:

Is that the stock cooler?

Have you checked if the thermal compound was properly applied?

What's the ambient temperature like?

Could also be caused by lack of air flow in the case I suppose.

Edited by Fatedmeeting

Those temps arent dangerous or anything . Are you using the stock cooler ? If so ,then those temps are probably normal.

But if aftermarket cooling , then something is wrong like too much or too little thermal paste or terrible case airflow.

Also , what is ambiant temp ?

Edited by Nyt Ryda

What cooler are you using? I know that the stock Intel cooler is horrible.

This ia a excellent question. If your using the stock cooler those numbers are pretty good actually... Mine hit 85c at stock settings. So yours is alot cooler than mine. Although those temps were due to the fact that my Asus MoBo on Auto voltage really likes to juice it for no reason really. Lol.

The thread title is misleading. Intel defines overheating to be 100c, which is when the CPU begins to throttle.

The OP probably thinks its overheating when it heats up over what he wants it to be at. But the OP shouldnt have any worries , its perfectly safe.