Sign in to follow this  
ddkshah

gtx 570

From the 6970 leaks it seems to me a fail. The price is more than the 570 while going head to head against it. I'd advise against it. It's defenately not worth to upgrade from the 5870. Also the 570 is cheaper as I mentioned before and can overclock like a biach once overvolted. I've seen a guy get a ghz on air with his http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/887863-1-ghz-gtx-570-56k-warned.html

Edited by ddkshah

From the 6970 leaks it seems to me a fail. The price is more than the 570 while going head to head against it. I'd advise against it. It's defenately not worth to upgrade from the 5870. Also the 570 is cheaper as I mentioned before and can overclock like a biach one overvolted. Ive seen a guy get a ghz on air with his http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/887863-1-ghz-gtx-570-56k-warned.html

well hopefully when it actually comes out, the 6970 will either get better performance or it's price will drop (or the 570's will drop)

well hopefully when it actually comes out, the 6970 will either get better performance or it's price will drop (or the 570's will drop)

I doubt the price will become less but performance will prob increase. The thing with the 5870 was that it was a mathematical genius and shading monster compared to nvidia and the new ati series. I surely will miss the old architecture :(

I doubt the price will become less but performance will prob increase. The thing with the 5870 was that it was a mathematical genius and shading monster compared to nvidia and the new ati series. I surely will miss the old architecture :(

Well if they perform the same and no one buys the 6970 than they'll have to lower the price :P

Since the HD 5870's are still around the $290 - $340 mark (before MIR's), and the HD 6870's in the $240 - $270 (before MIR's), I'd expect the HD 6970's to be in the $330 - $380 mark, so a few cards a little cheaper and some cards a little more expensive than the GTX 570's (which are around $350. The performance premium of the GTX 580 is way too overpriced at the $500 - $550 range, imo. Even the GTX 480's are still overpriced from $430 - $515.

Single card > dual cards anytime except when gaming at extreme resolutions (multi-monitor).

Actually VRAM is more important in multi-monitor extreme resolutions than anything else! Which is why you see manufacturers now realeasing 2GB versions of cards!