gtx 570

ddkshah

Yeah, about what I posted. I am really sorry for all that junk I posted yesterday. Wasn't thinking much when I did and I slept over it and thought to myself "What the **** did I post?", so yeah sorry for that.

Good choice on the 570, going to be a very solid card.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, about what I posted. I am really sorry for all that junk I posted yesterday. Wasn't thinking much when I did and I slept over it and thought to myself "What the **** did I post?", so yeah sorry for that.

Good choice on the 570, going to be a very solid card.

Lol, I have those moments all the time. No worries and no apologies needed. I got to look at more data from the links you provided, and in the end, we all agree on the 570 being a good choice. :P

But I still don't like it's low overclockability.

lol @ small text

isnt that drivers though??? doesnt drivers determine how well it will overclock??? coz isnt it the same hardware as what ive got but with some stuff turned off???

Probably, hopefully some good drivers and new reviews come out in a week when AMD shows off their cards. I want to OC a GTX 570 to 1000mhz core :O

LMAO at anyone saying the SLI GTX 460's are a dead end. How far down the road are we talking? There will probably not be a game out in the next 12-18 months that will challenge a SLI GTX 460 setup, so how is that a dead end? Too many people don't realize that there are only a few DX11 games out there, and even those aren't really utilizing the full DX11 technology! I remember when DX9 gpu's came out, then a couple of years later most games were DX9, technology has changed, but those same trends have not!

Krieg, I have seen you jump in on few threads, and hijack them with your own personal fights. Jeez bro, a statement was made about the low OCability on the 570, which was true, no matter which review you want to post! then another member comes on and talks about how nicely the GTX 460 OCs and all of the sudden you want to wage your own personal attack on valid points with arguments that haven't even been brought up? WHY? Really, what was your point? Because, it was obvious why Capi "pulled it out" Do you still not get it? I can't type any slower, so I will just try repeating it 1 more time - It was originally brought up to show how much OC headroom the 460 had compared to the fact the 570 wasn't even close. I hope now you understand. BUT, hey if not, just keep trying to put another OCC member's points down to make yourself feel better about.....whatever it may be, cause this is what I'm still trying to figure out!

Also you seemed scared to duel Capi with his i7 and your 955? No problem I have a 955 setup I can throw 2 of my GTX 460's in SLI and I can show you how well my $300 SLI gpu setup performs compared to whatever you have! You know my $300 "Dead End" setup ;) Just say the word!

On to the topic at hand though the performance of the 570 is quite nice, Nvidia is really starting to compete when it comes to temps and power, and this is a great sign of things to come. Just like the OCC review, however the OC headroom is something that would make me think twice about the card! I love being able to tweak my cards and get monster OCs out of them, as I'm sure most of us here on OCC do, probably even you krieg ;) So if spent that much money on a card, although I would love the performance, I would be lying if I said I would not be disappointed in the OC potential if my card was similar to those reviewed!

To the OP - Capi's 1st response to you was spot on! Of course the 580 will have better performance, but the 570 would handle everything you are wanting. The 570 would also do it with lower temps, less power, and keep more $$$ in your pocket!

Single card > dual cards anytime except when gaming at extreme resolutions (multi-monitor).

Edited by schoolslave