gtx 570

ddkshah

Number 1, I said the OC wasn't bad. You pulled out an HD 5870 and said it OC'ed 130mhz. The GTX 570 in the review I showed went 130mhz as well....Since when was performance not important? Wtf? Aren't you trying to get more performance by OC'ing or are you doing it to feel good?

And it would be a real fair Duel there, me with my x4 955 vs your I7 @ 4ghz. That's why I don't see a point in the duels. If you are dueling GPU's the other hardware should be the same.

HD 5970's retail for $500, so nice that you got it for that price but thats not normal. Sure your GTX 460s are a good deal, but you can't do . with them anymore, your already at the end with them.

Yes comparing 1 card against 2 is always fair :rolleyes:

That's just one review. OCC's review was the lowest overclock at 785MHz, and Legit Reviews had it up to 825MHz.

Buying one card and upgrading them later a few months down the road when it's cheaper is a dead end. Just look at the people wanting to do that with a GTX 480. Now they can get a GTX 570 that's better for $100 less. You buy multiple cards in SLI/Crossfire now because it's the best set-up at the time, or because it's the best cost/performance for what you need. Yeah, my dual GTX 460 1GB's in SLI is a dead end, but it's a great start, and there's no games I play at 1920 x 1200 that will stress it.

Yes, comparing a single $360 card against single $170 card is always fair :rolleyes:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your the one who said it not me. You started with the GTX 460 so don't go blaming it on me now. And the GTX 480 isn't a dead end. Get another now for lets say $300 or less(in the next week when prices drop) and you've got great performance. The GTX 480 is still great, people aren't going to "upgrade" to a GTX 570 from a GTX 480 except if they can't handle heat/power usage.

I was never trying to compare it to a GTX 460, I still don't get why you pulled it out...Oh wait right YOU were trying to prove how greatly it OC's and I just said its OC's don't do THAT much compared to other Fermi's.(Yes it overclocks very highly I agree on that, but its performance isn't as good per mhz increase).

Your the one who said it not me. You started with the GTX 460 so don't go blaming it on me now. And the GTX 480 isn't a dead end. Get another now for lets say $300 or less(in the next week when prices drop) and you've got great performance. The GTX 480 is still great, people aren't going to "upgrade" to a GTX 570 from a GTX 480 except if they can't handle heat/power usage.

I was never trying to compare it to a GTX 460, I still don't get why you pulled it out...Oh wait right YOU were trying to prove how greatly it OC's and I just said its OC's don't do THAT much compared to other Fermi's.(Yes it overclocks very highly I agree on that, but its performance isn't as good per mhz increase).

I said what? That a GTX 460 1GB can overclock more than a GTX 570? Yes, THAT'S true! However, you're idiotically comparing the performance of a GTX 460 1GB to a GTX 570? Are you blunt? Of course the GTX 570's going to win, overclocked or not!

Also, go back to your little links:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-570-review/20

http://www.guru3d.com/article/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-460-soc-review/18

Hmm... the highest oveclocked GTX 570 only gets 8 FPS better than reference stock speed at 1920 x 1200 in MW2.

The great, but not the best, overclocked GTX 460 1GB gets 13 FPS better than reference stock speed at 1920 x 1200 in MW2.

That's also an indicator of a better performance boost from a higher overclock.

675core - 949 core compared to 732-800. Small difference right? almost 300mhz compared to 130mhz and a 5 FPS difference. Yep.

I compared them since you pulled out the GTX 460. Usually I would compare it to the GTX 480 and 580, but YOU decided to get out the GTX 460.

lol this thread, ya the 570 is pretty nice. Since I have a good PSU I'd still buy a 480 for $300 (or hopefully sellers will drop their price more), the 480s memory might help out in some games too!

Where do you find these deals? :O

LMAO at anyone saying the SLI GTX 460's are a dead end. How far down the road are we talking? There will probably not be a game out in the next 12-18 months that will challenge a SLI GTX 460 setup, so how is that a dead end? Too many people don't realize that there are only a few DX11 games out there, and even those aren't really utilizing the full DX11 technology! I remember when DX9 gpu's came out, then a couple of years later most games were DX9, technology has changed, but those same trends have not!

Krieg, I have seen you jump in on few threads, and hijack them with your own personal fights. Jeez bro, a statement was made about the low OCability on the 570, which was true, no matter which review you want to post! then another member comes on and talks about how nicely the GTX 460 OCs and all of the sudden you want to wage your own personal attack on valid points with arguments that haven't even been brought up? WHY? Really, what was your point? Because, it was obvious why Capi "pulled it out" Do you still not get it? I can't type any slower, so I will just try repeating it 1 more time - It was originally brought up to show how much OC headroom the 460 had compared to the fact the 570 wasn't even close. I hope now you understand. BUT, hey if not, just keep trying to put another OCC member's points down to make yourself feel better about.....whatever it may be, cause this is what I'm still trying to figure out!

Also you seemed scared to duel Capi with his i7 and your 955? No problem I have a 955 setup I can throw 2 of my GTX 460's in SLI and I can show you how well my $300 SLI gpu setup performs compared to whatever you have! You know my $300 "Dead End" setup ;) Just say the word!

On to the topic at hand though the performance of the 570 is quite nice, Nvidia is really starting to compete when it comes to temps and power, and this is a great sign of things to come. Just like the OCC review, however the OC headroom is something that would make me think twice about the card! I love being able to tweak my cards and get monster OCs out of them, as I'm sure most of us here on OCC do, probably even you krieg ;) So if spent that much money on a card, although I would love the performance, I would be lying if I said I would not be disappointed in the OC potential if my card was similar to those reviewed!

To the OP - Capi's 1st response to you was spot on! Of course the 580 will have better performance, but the 570 would handle everything you are wanting. The 570 would also do it with lower temps, less power, and keep more $$$ in your pocket!

Edited by SpeedwayNative

LMAO at anyone saying the SLI GTX 460's are a dead end. How far down the road are we talking? There will probably not be a game out in the next 12-18 months that will challenge a SLI GTX 460 setup, so how is that a dead end? Too many people don't realize that there are only a few DX11 games out there, and even those aren't really utilizing the full DX11 technology! I remember when DX9 gpu's came out, then a couple of years later most games were DX9, technology has changed, but those same trends have not!

Krieg, I have seen you jump in on few threads, and hijack them with your own personal fights. Jeez bro, a statement was made about the low OCability on the 570, which was true, no matter which review you want to post! then another member comes on and talks about how nicely the GTX 460 OCs and all of the sudden you want to wage your own personal attack on valid points with arguments that haven't even been brought up? WHY? Really, what was your point? Because, it was obvious why Capi "pulled it out" Do you still not get it? I can't type any slower, so I will just try repeating it 1 more time - It was originally brought up to show how much OC headroom the 460 had compared to the fact the 570 wasn't even close. I hope now you understand. BUT, hey if not, just keep trying to put another OCC member's points down to make yourself feel better about.....whatever it may be, cause this is what I'm still trying to figure out!

Also you seemed scared to duel Capi with his i7 and your 955? No problem I have a 955 setup I can throw 2 of my GTX 460's in SLI and I can show you how well my $300 SLI gpu setup performs compared to whatever you have! You know my $300 "Dead End" setup ;) Just say the word!

On to the topic at hand though the performance of the 570 is quite nice, Nvidia is really starting to compete when it comes to temps and power, and this is a great sign of things to come. Just like the OCC review, however the OC headroom is something that would make me think twice about the card! I love being able to tweak my cards and get monster OCs out of them, as I'm sure most of us here on OCC do, probably even you krieg ;) So if spent that much money on a card, although I would love the performance, I would be lying if I said I would not be disappointed in the OC potential if my card was similar to those reviewed!

To the OP - Capi's 1st response to you was spot on! Of course the 580 will have better performance, but the 570 would handle everything you are wanting. The 570 would also do it with lower temps, less power, and keep more $$$ in your pocket!

yup so i have decided with the 570. Pros: Low priced, power consumption, and heat, beats the 480 in most games, tessellation against the 6000 series most likely, and can sli for the future. Cons: not as powerful as the 580.

yup so i have decided with the 570. Pros: Low priced, power consumption, and heat, beats the 480 in most games, tessellation against the 6000 series most likely, and can sli for the future. Cons: not as powerful as the 580.

I'm sure you will be a happy camper! Also, don't jinx the "hyper deflating" gpu prices ;) I Fing love it! I think since you are seeing both sides coming out with new cards so fast now, it is helping to keep the prices in check! When the competition is thick, we the consumer are always the winner!

Sure your GTX 460s are a good deal, but you can't do . with them anymore, your already at the end with them.

That's like saying you have to compare 2 GTX 470's to 1 HD5970(Both cost around $500). Its just not a fair comparison.

What do you mean ? So you're saying last gen is total crap ? Come on , really. Nearly any game runs great on them . So you're probably going to say my tri-fire is going to lose terribly to dual GTX580's and my cards are dead too when they will actually hold their own against the 580's .

Why is comparing 2 GTX470's to 1 5970 not fair ? The 5970 can hold its own (well mine can), it amounts to 2 gpu's versus 2 gpu's so it is fair and they cost the same.

Lol , I can vouch for the good performance of the GTX460's . They are good and the GTX570 is good too . The 570 may not oc as well but offers damn good performance and will max everything on 1680x1050.