Sign in to follow this  
ddkshah

gtx 570

any opinions? Should i get the 570 over the 580? I game @ 1680 * 1050 but I do love crysis and am going for crysis 2. I do have the funds for the 580 but in the future i can always sli the 570. I'm not impressed with amd this gen so amd is a no-no.

also Why are the prices for gpu's hyper deflating?

Edited by ddkshah

I'd go for the 580 over the 570 if you want performance, but the 570 will more than suit your needs at your resolution. However, it's overclockability seems pretty low.

its about drivers :) new as drivers and it already clocks over 900... i think its doing pretty well..

on a more constructive note.. if ur onyl playing at that res, get the 570... u decide ur gonna up the res with diff monitor, buy 3 moniters at the same time and another 570 n have 3d vision hahah

Edited by mattyamdfanboi

I'd go for the 580 over the 570 if you want performance, but the 570 will more than suit your needs at your resolution. However, it's overclockability seems pretty low.

Really? 732-800 on stock with stock voltages with the stock cooler? Yeah real crappy. And that's the lowest I have seen(Not counting OCC). I have seen all the way up to 862 with stock everything in reviews. Now add voltages and an aftermarket cooler or WC and then watch the OC's go.

It seems to me nvidia really undervolted the 570 as it's power consumption is less than a 470 even a 465 while knocking them on their arses. The only thing I fear is that the 570 might kill me in the future if I want to sli with 3G surround vision (memory).

Edited by ddkshah

Really? 732-800 on stock with stock voltages with the stock cooler? Yeah real crappy. And that's the lowest I have seen(Not counting OCC). I have seen all the way up to 862 with stock everything in reviews. Now add voltages and an aftermarket cooler or WC and then watch the OC's go.

That is pretty crappy. My GTX 460 1GB can go from factory overclocked 725 to 920 with stock voltages. One of SpeedwayNative's can get to 1015Mhz at stock voltages. That's a 190MHz - 285MHz increase compared to a 68MHz increase.

My HD 5870 can overclock from 850MHz to 980MHz with stock voltages. That's a 130MHz increase. Yeah, the GTX 570 overclocks really are crappy.

Where did you see it go to 862Mhz?

That is pretty crappy. My GTX 460 1GB can go from factory overclocked 725 to 920 with stock voltages. One of SpeedwayNative's can get to 1015Mhz at stock voltages. That's a 190MHz - 285MHz increase compared to a 68MHz increase.

My HD 5870 can overclock from 850MHz to 980MHz with stock voltages. That's a 130MHz increase. Yeah, the GTX 570 overclocks really are crappy.

Where did you see it go to 862Mhz?

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/38626-nvidia-geforce-gtx-570-review-21.html

Aww really his GTX 460 can do that? Then watch its performance drop to the floor at High resolutions and High settings. HD 5870 OC's, lol you made me laugh there. They do almost nothing compared to Fermi OC's, but once again this is overlooked your just looking at clock speeds not performance.

Lower OC's that give more performance > Higher OC's that give less performance.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-570-review/20 Stock GTX 570, look at the lowest chart, BF BC2(first bar, second is OC'ed @ 800)

http://www.guru3d.com/article/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-460-soc-review/18 OC'ed GTX 460(Not highest I know, but its the best I found there) loses to a stock GTX 570 by 9 FPS @ 949 Core with voltages

Edited by Krieg1337

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/38626-nvidia-geforce-gtx-570-review-21.html

Aww really his GTX 460 can do that? Then watch its performance drop to the floor at High resolutions and High settings. HD 5870 OC's, lol you made me laugh there. They do almost nothing compared to Fermi OC's, but once again this is overlooked your just looking at clock speeds not performance.

Lower OC's that give more performance > Higher OC's that give less performance.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-570-review/20 Stock GTX 570, look at the lowest chart, BF BC2(first bar, second is OC'ed @ 800)

http://www.guru3d.com/article/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-460-soc-review/18 OC'ed GTX 460(Not highest I know, but its the best I found there) loses to a stock GTX 570 by 9 FPS @ 949 Core with voltages

We're not talking about performance. We're talking about overclockability. You can change the subject to win your argument for which I'm not contesting. I already said the GTX 570 is more than enough at his resolutions. I said overclockability seems pretty low, and it fricking is.

Besides, my HD 5870 2GB cost me $250, and my two GTX 460 1GB's cost me $360. My dual overclocked GTX 460 1GB's in SLI will toast a GTX 570 in peformance. If you don't think so, buy one and challenge me to a duel. You just better hope it can overclock more than 68MHz.

You're also comparing a GTX 570 to a card that costs half as much. Better to compare it to two of them in SLI.

EDIT: 5870, not 5970, lol.

Edited by El_Capitan

We're not talking about performance. We're talking about overclockability. You can change the subject to win your argument for which I'm not contesting. I already said the GTX 570 is more than enough at his resolutions. I said overclockability seems pretty low, and it fricking is.

Besides, my HD 5970 2GB cost me $250, and my two GTX 460 1GB's cost me $360. My dual overclocked GTX 460 1GB's in SLI will toast a GTX 570 in peformance. If you don't think so, buy one and challenge me to a duel. You just better hope it can overclock more than 68MHz.

How the hell did you get a 5970 for 250 bucks? :blink:

Besides, my HD 5970 2GB cost me $250, and my two GTX 460 1GB's cost me $360. My dual overclocked GTX 460 1GB's in SLI will toast a GTX 570 in peformance. If you don't think so, buy one and challenge me to a duel. You just better hope it can overclock more than 68MHz.

Number 1, I said the OC wasn't bad. You pulled out an HD 5870 and said it OC'ed 130mhz. The GTX 570 in the review I showed went 130mhz as well....Since when was performance not important? Wtf? Aren't you trying to get more performance by OC'ing or are you doing it to feel good?

And it would be a real fair Duel there, me with my x4 955 vs your I7 @ 4ghz. That's why I don't see a point in the duels. If you are dueling GPU's the other hardware should be the same.

HD 5970's retail for $500, so nice that you got it for that price but thats not normal. Sure your GTX 460s are a good deal, but you can't do . with them anymore, your already at the end with them.

Yes comparing 1 card against 2 is always fair :rolleyes:

That's like saying you have to compare 2 GTX 470's to 1 HD5970(Both cost around $500). Its just not a fair comparison.

Edited by Krieg1337

How the hell did you get a 5970 for 250 bucks? :blink:

Oops, I meant 5870 2GB, not a 5870. I'm not that lucky. From tacohunter52, he threw in free shipping. :P

Bosco bought the 5970 2GB from him for $350.