3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hence what I mean about intel scores higher.. My gpu averages in the 80's throughout the bench dropping into the 60's n top around mid 90's briefly... So I'm thinking bottleneck.. Bah!!

matty, sorry but here I have to disagree! With the previous benchmarks from FutureMark, the differences between an Intel i7 cpu's and AMD cpu were pretty substantial! I absolutely don't think this is the case here! Seems like this test has made that gap much closer! I guess I don't understand why you think differently!

mine locked up just before loading the combined test -_-

Mine did the same right at the end of combined. :/

I didn't feel like watching the two intro movies again just to run it again, so I'll do it some other time.

Why is your i7 stock?? Water cooling break or something?? I also like how the stock i7-930 = same score as 4.0Ghz 1055t... Makes me glad i took the plunge into the i7... current gen AMD is pretty bad... Cant wait for Bulldozer though!!

thats the reason why i think like that... my 4ghz cpu scores lower than ur stock... and ur telling me that they are now closer??? lol yer.. real close :/

thats the reason why i think like that... my 4ghz cpu scores lower than ur stock... and ur telling me that they are now closer??? lol yer.. real close :/

i7s always score drastically higher in synthetic and scientific benchmarks. :shrug:

my point exactly... :)

i get owned in synthetic tests even though this is the fastest single gpu card on the planet and when oc'd (as seen in the duel arena) im beating even the 5970 by a nice margin (both oc'd btw)

synthetics r fun play things :)

my point exactly... :)

i get owned in synthetic tests even though this is the fastest single gpu card on the planet and when oc'd (as seen in the duel arena) im beating even the 5970 by a nice margin (both oc'd btw)

Whats your score?

Games just aren't CPU limited very often. :) If anything you tend to see absolute maximum framerates rise with obscenely fast CPUs - averages and minimums don't usually change much going from high-clocked AMD to high-clocked Intel with "normal" graphics setups. Tri-SLI and Tri/Quadfire tend to scale better with faster CPUs but they still don't make a monstrous difference in most games.

Anyone remember how touchy 3dMark 99 and 2001 were to memory timings? Tightening them up could drastically increase your score even when the real-world benefit was next to nothing. :P

Edited by Waco