Adbot Wtf?

Dignan

So I was looking through the forum as I usually do, and now I see and adbot ad in the middle of posts? Is this the new thing in the forums? I am scared if it is, I am also wondering what kind of donation needs to be made to get rid of them. I think maybe we could have a monthly goal of raised money instead of these things. I doubt any of the forum people really like to see those ads in the way of peoples posts. This is all coming out in one big sentence in my head, sorry about the "flow" of this post, but I can't stand it after one time seeing it. If this sounds like a good idea and we can get rid of them, I'll throw $50-up to what I can afford down on it.

A new type of forum advertising that we are going to be using now. We have removed the larger banner at the top of the forums. The ad was not added to the forums to encourge anyone to donate anything to OCC. Right now, there is no way to remove them from the forums. However, I'll see what I can do about having them removed if you donate to the site or something.

Grr... reasonable but GRR... for the anoyance... ;) Corect me if I'm wrong but isint that "G" from google????

Yes, it will Google text ad's that will be displayed. These "banners" are displaying because the google bots have yet to crawl all of the posts. Once this happens, you will begin seeing plain text link type ad's instead of banners.

Other benefits that this new ad has over the big banner we were using:

1. Fast for 56kers

2. Server load has gone down since it doesn't have to dynamically generate banners on every post.

3. Forums seems to load much quicker (see 2)

:( i actually liked the big banners..they were very entertaining!! AIRZOOOKA!! and the spend morre time with nature's creatures... who cares if they are plastic.. and the are you a good hacker or a bad haocker! those were so cooooool!! notice i memorized them because they are so cooool