my new point and shoot

N_2_V

well i just got my nikon s8100 and i really like it. the only bad thing about it is the port to open the battery and memory card is to flismy so as the a/v out as well and the video can pick up ever little noice there is including the zoom in and out but other than that i really like it. well here is some picture im posting so let me know. The memory card i went with is transcend sdhc 32GB class 10 i got them off of amzon

post-65412-12914881134195_thumb.jpg

post-65412-12914882959534_thumb.jpg

post-65412-12914885573695_thumb.jpg this one was done in iso 430

Edited by N_2_V

Just some advice. Never buy huge cards like that. Use numerous 1/2 GB cards. Let me repeat.

NEVER BUY CARDS THAT SIZE

Why? Cause it lets you get lazy with backing them up and if the card fails you lose 32GBs of data rather than 1/2Gbs of data.

Oh and nice dog. Thought i do agree with ^'s comments on his eating on your bed.

Edited by SpeedCrazy

Just some advice. Never buy huge cards like that. Use numerous 1/2 GB cards. Let me repeat.

NEVER BUY CARDS THAT SIZE

Why? Cause it lets you get lazy with backing them up and if the card fails you lose 32GBs of data rather than 1/2Gbs of data.

Oh and nice dog. Thought i do agree with ^'s comments on his eating on your bed.

:withstupid:

Even my 8GB takes FOREVER to fill on my 12mp Lumix

Thats the problem, we think, oh it aint full i'll back it up later. Then you have the possibility of losing it all. 32GB {whistles} thats alot of pics. our 12mp puts 1000 on an 8gb card...... thats 4000 pics rough estamite as i know nothing about your card. Do you want the possibility of losing 4000 picks. Thats like your whole vacation!

• 3 weeks later...

That is a great little camera!

For those who are criticizing the size of the memory, it was a good choice. This camera shoots full 1080p with stereo sound, and the videos can take up a lot of space QUICK!

The quality of it is phenomenal considering the price point. I love it!

For those who are criticizing the size of the memory, it was a good choice. This camera shoots full 1080p with stereo sound, and the videos can take up a lot of space QUICK!

If his main goal is video, then you are correct. Otherwise i stand by my statement.

That is a great little camera!

The quality of it is phenomenal considering the price point. I love it!

oh ya! good point, I don't take much video but it does fill up fast

I have one memory card dedicated just to video. When a 5 minute clip can occupy 500-600MBs at 640x480 res, imagine what a 5 minute clip at 1920x1080 can do. So, don't criticize before you consider all the options. Cameras do more than just take pictures after all.

The Nikons are real nice, especially the point and shoots. The quality is superb on it, like OCFreak said. Overall its a good buy, you'll be happy with it for quite some time.

I agree until the comma, the DSLRs are awesome.

I'm just saying, everyone knows the DSLRs are great by Nikon but the point and shoots are pretty good too. More than a one trick pony.