Sign in to follow this  
jcpangs

Vista ultimate slows down after removing usb devices.

I just purchase a new motherboard and installed vista ultimate on my system. My system specs are:

Mobo: Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3.0

Proc: Phenom II 2.8ghz 720 B.E

Hdd: 320G WD Sata

V.Card: Radeon HD4770 512mb

Ram: 4gb g.skill ddr3 1600

The problem is everytime I removed any of my usb devices using the icon on the lower right corner of the screen on the task bar my system will literally slow down. My mouse will freeze every second and my screen will flicker. Its so hard to control the mouse since it will freeze then move then freeze again. I have to restart the system to go back to its normal speed. What I usually do is right click on the usb icon on the taskbar then left click on the label "SAFELY REMOVED HARDWARE" then my system will now slow down, screen will flicker. Then I have to click on the usb device on the "safely removed hardware" windows, then click on stop.And now i have to restart my system to get it back to normal.

Ive already updated windows vista and all of my drivers. Ive tried doing it in safe mode and it works perfectly while in safe mode which lead me to believe its something wrong with normal mode. Ive tried removing my usb devices inside COMPUTER and it works ok too. something wrong with the icon on the taskbar. Is there any fix for this? Any suggestions?

I just purchase a new motherboard and installed vista ultimate on my system. My system specs are:

Mobo: Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3.0

Proc: Phenom II 2.8ghz 720 B.E

Hdd: 320G WD Sata

V.Card: Radeon HD4770 512mb

Ram: 4gb g.skill ddr3 1600

The problem is everytime I removed any of my usb devices using the icon on the lower right corner of the screen on the task bar my system will literally slow down. My mouse will freeze every second and my screen will flicker. Its so hard to control the mouse since it will freeze then move then freeze again. I have to restart the system to go back to its normal speed. What I usually do is right click on the usb icon on the taskbar then left click on the label "SAFELY REMOVED HARDWARE" then my system will now slow down, screen will flicker. Then I have to click on the usb device on the "safely removed hardware" windows, then click on stop.And now i have to restart my system to get it back to normal.

Ive already updated windows vista and all of my drivers. Ive tried doing it in safe mode and it works perfectly while in safe mode which lead me to believe its something wrong with normal mode. Ive tried removing my usb devices inside COMPUTER and it works ok too. something wrong with the icon on the taskbar. Is there any fix for this? Any suggestions?

I guess no one knows the answer? eh?

Ive found the solutions. ive jut disabled ATI EXTERNAL EVENT UTILITY in msconfig and it works perfectly.. wonder why is that?