Win7 64 only showing 4gb

so i just noticed as of a minute ago my system is only showing 4gb installed when cpuz and my bios says all 12gb is up and running. anyone have a idea of whats going on. Bios and Windows is fully up-to-date.

i did a google and everyone that has thing problem is on win32 so i just don't get it. i was fine the other day.

edit: well i looks like it someone went into single channel mode (no clue how to change it) but even so it was so 3x2gb for 3 channels.

Edited by hornybluecow

so i just noticed as of a minute ago my system is only showing 4gb installed when cpuz and my bios says all 12gb is up and running. anyone have a idea of whats going on. Bios and Windows is fully up-to-date.

i did a google and everyone that has thing problem is on win32 so i just don't get it. i was fine the other day.

edit: well i looks like it someone went into single channel mode (no clue how to change it) but even so it was so 3x2gb for 3 channels.

If you have your ram overclocked too high it could lose some of the sticks. I lost 2 gb when my memory was at 1600mhz (what it was rated for) but it's stable at max capacity when sitting at 1066mhz. I don't understand it but it's worth trying. Also, I've heard that bent cpu pins can have this effect. See the thread here that I started a while back about it. Hopefully there is something in there that may help you. If nothing else, run a memtest and test each individual stick just to rule out bad ram.

HBC,

If everything was working right your BIOS would have configured whether you were running single channel, dual channel or triple channel depending on how your memory slots were populated.

Best bet is to remove and re-seat all of the memory sticks and then reset your CMOS and see if that does the trick. If that doesn't do the trick, you may have to start with just 3x2Gb and work your way up from there.

Regards,

Edited by wevsspot

yeah i reset my overclock and it all works again, sadly it was only at 587mhz not even close to 1600, OCZ sucks now.. I remember my Reapers being amazing but that was DDR2.

My reapers are doing good :teehee: (DDR2)

my sticks at rated for 1600 but it seems it "crashed" at 587mhz which is like 1200, thats all. it's most likely this board, i keep reading around it can't run on OCZ ram posted over and over on OCZ forums.

Edited by hornybluecow

Ah, gotcha. Is it the ASRock X58 Extreme board?

I've had a couple of those. Real sleepers at an awesome price if you get a good one. I didn't ever try OCZ memory though. Mine always ran G.Skill...............