Rift Beta Keys (All Gone)

Bosco

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like a beta key as well please!!!

Thanks!

Not surprised someone would create an account just for a free game key... sad really. At least make it look like you didn't join for this by posting in other threads. FAIL. :doh:

Lol, what's up with all the new people that just joined today with their first post asking for a Rift Beta Key? Sounds like someone's trying to get a lot of keys. :P

You might want to limit it to people with a certain amount of posts and stuff like that unless you don't care. ;)

+1

You might want to put restrictions on things like this in future. (Though i could see adverse side effects of say 90 post requirements. That is a lot of spam posts :teehee: )

If there are anyleft i'll take a look but it will have to be really good to tear me away from other stuff.

Not surprised someone would create an account just for a free game key... sad really. At least make it look like you didn't join for this by posting in other threads. FAIL. :doh:

What is sad is ripping on someone just because they haven't posted in another thread. I have been actively reading other threads and when I have something to say I will.

I am not a pro overclocker. I overclock my AMD Phenom II x4 965 to 3.6Ghz and my memory. I don't push things very hard (can't afford to if I screw it up).

If you would like to know I was actually working on a post about upgrading to the 1090T, but that I have also read that the 1010T (the upgrade to the 1090T) should be out soon and that the 975 should be out soon as well so I'm a little torn on if I should wait or should look at getting the 1090T.

So anywho - maybe you should know something about someone before making judgment calls.

What is sad is ripping on someone just because they haven't posted in another thread. I have been actively reading other threads and when I have something to say I will.

I am not a pro overclocker. I overclock my AMD Phenom II x4 965 to 3.6Ghz and my memory. I don't push things very hard (can't afford to if I screw it up).

If you would like to know I was actually working on a post about upgrading to the 1090T, but that I have also read that the 1010T (the upgrade to the 1090T) should be out soon and that the 975 should be out soon as well so I'm a little torn on if I should wait or should look at getting the 1090T.

So anywho - maybe you should know something about someone before making judgment calls.

Awww... I'm glad you were working on a post. Congratulations. I didn't need your life story here -- just saying usually when people create new accounts they post in the noob thread to introduce themselves first not see what they can get free right away. Good luck with that post...

No need to get testy folks. Bella at least has her computer spec on her profile, and an Avatar. I don't think it bad to finally sign-up one day to get into a contest or free beta key (I do the same myself on occasion for sites I frequent but don't post), but creating multiple accounts just to get something is kinda cheap.

Awww... I'm glad you were working on a post. Congratulations. I didn't need your life story here -- just saying usually when people create new accounts they post in the noob thread to introduce themselves first not see what they can get free right away. Good luck with that post...

LoL you really are a pleasant person aren't you? Maybe you should grow up a little. I'm sorry that I didn't do things in the right order for you.

Also just in response to El_Capitan - The other accounts are not me. I'm sure an admin can compare the IPs to confirm that.

Edited by Bella

+1

You might want to put restrictions on things like this in future. (Though i could see adverse side effects of say 90 post requirements. That is a lot of spam posts :teehee: )

If there are anyleft i'll take a look but it will have to be really good to tear me away from other stuff.

Maybe have a 1 month member requirement? That would prevent people from joining just to get stuff like this. But it also might turn away a few good new members who discover this site from something like this. :dunno:

But as for the topic, I'll take one if you have a lot left. I just don't want to take one away from someone who really wants one because I don't know if I'll even have time to use it.

No need to get testy folks. Bella at least has her computer spec on her profile. I don't think it bad to finally sign-up one day to get into a contest or free beta key (I do the same myself on occasion for sites I frequent but don't post), but creating multiple accounts just to get something is kinda cheap.

Yea I saw the specs Captain... I just find it frustrating that people do this. It's very obvious a bunch of accounts were created today just for this. Kinda sad really because it's likely several of our fellow OCC members with duplicate accounts... but whatever. Least I can be honest -- Glad most of our members are too. Besides, Santa clause is still making his list -- I'm still on the good list!!

So nobody be getting their pantys in a bunch... if you can't handle the heat, don't overclock. :D

Maybe have a 1 month member requirement? That would prevent people from joining just to get stuff like this. But it also might turn away a few good new members who discover this site from something like this. :dunno:

But as for the topic, I'll take one if you have a lot left. I just don't want to take one away from someone who really wants one because I don't know if I'll even have time to use it.

Nice idea. It's just like being able to post in the free to a good home thread -- I couldn't post up my motherboard to a free home until after a specific number of months -- I was patient and then got to buy some stuff. But I guess it's really no big deal, it's up to Cheesestick if he wants to give out keys, besides it's a beta game, so if people wanna be that way -- no loss to me.

LoL you really are a pleasant person aren't you? Maybe you should grow up a little. I'm sorry that I didn't do things in the right order for you.

easy ladies... you're both pretty