BonTenshi

Looking for good monitor.

All right. So i am creating a new build and i have everything but a monitor. I wish to get a new one for this build. The video card is going to be a ATI 6850.

So what i am looking for is a 22"-30" monitor with a resolution between 1920-1080 - 2560-1600. I really only have around 300$-400$ to mess around with. I was looking at an IPS monitor but for the price they are quite restrictive.

So my main uses are really just gaming with the occasional 3d mapping, photo editing, and video editing. But mainly Gaming. So i would like to know what you would suggest getting.

Also i would like to have a static contrast 1,000:1 and at least 6ms or lower. I would like to have a decent monitor.

Thanks in advance

(if you need to know any more specifics plz just ask, whatever will help you guys help me.)

All right this is what i found. Tell me what you think

Edited by BonTenshi

Here is what i recommend:

ASUS 24"

ASUS 27"

Samsung 24"

They are all nice and large LED Backlit Displays.

I see you picked out an LG Monitor. Possibly a good choice, but ill never buy anything from LG again if i can help it. Too many of their things have died on me in the past. Both ASUS and Samsung make great Monitor's and i currently use a nice 24" ASUS LCD Monitor now. Had it over a year, and its on atleast 12 hours a day. Never once has it even made me think it was going to have any issues with it. All in all, I've used alot of Asus Products and im never disappointed. Ive personally never used a Samsung Monitor, But ive heard great things about them, looks like you pay alittle extra due to brand name for same thing over Asus though.

All three of the monitors suggested by MD are solid choices, especially if you plan on narrowing your choices down to LED backlit models only. One thing I'd recommend though is to peruse Acer's selections too. Often their quality is good > very good and their price point is hard to beat. If you have the budget you might also consider taking a look at Dell's offerings. They have a few dandys.

With all of that being said though.............. here is the best gamble of the day if you're looking for a bargain - but hurry............

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254052

Edited by wevsspot

All three of the monitors suggested by MD are solid choices, especially if you plan on narrowing your choices down to LED backlit models only. One thing I'd recommend though is to peruse Acer's selections too. Often their quality is good > very good and their price point is hard to beat. If you have the budget you might also consider taking a look at Dell's offerings. They have a few dandys.

With all of that being said though.............. here is the best gamble of the day if you're looking for a bargain - but hurry............

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254052

Acer stuff is great when it works, and your right, normally it works well. However when it breaks. Their Customer Service/Tech Support is so bad its not even funny. Just a couple months ago, had to send an Acer monitor from work in for repair, one of the back lights were out, or something not sure exactly. But there was this very dark/faded brown hue all over the top right quarter of the screen. It was so blaringly obvious that there was something wrong with it. And it made a loud humming noise like perhaps something was wrong with the inverter.

They send us back the Monitor as, "No problems found, returned un-repaired." No Joke... So yeah, Thats also why i dont buy Acer. But many people highly recommend Acer so i try not to spoil that for alot of people. I truly despise LG though... had a LG washer, Oven, Dehumidifier and a TV all die within 1 year of ownership of each thing... yeah no LG for me.

I'm loving my Hanns.G 28" monitors. Great customer service, too (only had 1 incident, when I bought it from Newegg it came with a single vertical line stripe and buzzing sound), had it RMA'd and it's been working perfectly since. I always got mine for $200 or less, most used. Last year's Black Friday it was $210, and today's Cyber Monday they're $250.

Thank you for all the replies. I deffintely will not be able to make use of the sale for cyber Monday. But i really don't care if it is led back lit or not. I do like the samsung MD picked out really nice indeed. Also i am looking at the dells and i have to say i might just use a crt or a cheap lcd i have unitl i can afford the 24" ultra sharp.

I'm loving my Hanns.G 28" monitors. Great customer service, too (only had 1 incident, when I bought it from Newegg it came with a single vertical line stripe and buzzing sound), had it RMA'd and it's been working perfectly since. I always got mine for $200 or less, most used. Last year's Black Friday it was $210, and today's Cyber Monday they're $250.

:withstupid: amazing deal!!

I'd strive for a 1920x1200 like that, I thought my debranded HP 24" 1920x1200 for $200 was a good deal!

................. i might just use a crt or a cheap lcd i have unitl i can afford the 24" ultra sharp.

The Dell 24" Ultra Sharp is an outstanding monitor. Are you looking at the UltraSharp U2410?

Edited by wevsspot

The Dell 24" Ultra Sharp is an outstanding monitor. Are you looking at the UltraSharp U2410?

Yes i am. Do you have experience with it? I would like to know if it is worth the extra cash.

Yes i am. Do you have experience with it? I would like to know if it is worth the extra cash.

I don't have any experience with that model, but I've used the past UltraSharps and they have all been outstanding. The colors are nice and sharp, everything just looks so vibrant and real on the Dell IPS screens. The U2410 is number one on my list for my next upgrade, just need to see about getting it on a good sale. It was 100 bucks off about two weeks ago but I didn't have the cash for it at the time, hopefully it'll be down like that again soon.

Hi ...this is my 1st post in this forum ....

Dell ultrasharp 2311 H is the a good option...It is an IPS monitor with 1920 x 1080 resolution ....for just 320 $ ....check in all shops,, you may find a good deal in some stores --> 250$ for the same..or just google for best deals ...best of luck

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-9270

Edited by neojjjk