Noctua NH-D14 and Asus M4A87TD

johnny333

Does anyone have this combo Noctua NH-D14 and Asus M4A87TD? Does it block any of the Ram slots and does the backing plat that comes with the mother board work? I have a 955 AMD what kind of temperatures do you get?

Thanks Johnny333

Yes, I'm selling my Noctua NH_D14, and here's the link with pics over some G.Skill Ripjaws. The Noctua NH-D14 comes with it's own backplating. This is a much better cooler than the Hyper212+ that got 52C max temps in Prime95 with my 1090T at 4.0GHz, so it'll cool your 955 AMD no problem. Even my Swiftech has max temps at 45C in Prime95. Phenom II max temps for 95W TDP's are 71C, and 125W TDP's 62C. You'll be fine with even a Hyper212+.

I have it set to CPU 18x for 3.61 GHz , Vcore at 1.31 volts. My room temperature is 72F. At idle it is CPU 34C and mother board at 27C. Running Prime 95 for 45 minutes it gets to 48C or 50C. But during the summer my room will be 82F so I am looking for a better air cooler.

Thanks Johnny333

They Hyper212+ won't give you as much as what you have now. Any of the ones mentioned by joel will do you fine, and the Noctua NH-D14 imo is great, but air coolers really need good case cooling. Water cooling is all about the radiators and heat dissipation.