OCC IRC

nVidia_Freak

Hey guys. It appears that the original thread about Tim's IRC channel has disappeared, so here's another one to remind you.

OCC does have an IRC chat room. 'What's the purpose?', you might ask. Well, it's a more relaxed atmosphere where the more socially inclined of us can chill and chat. Discussions aren't guided by a rigid topic, but by whatever we're feeling at the moment. :cheers:

You'll often get a quicker response to questions if you have any, too, but, that's not always the case and you shouldn't think of the IRC room as a dead place for idlers because of it.

That said, the IRC room has been rather empty for a while. I'm usually in there and so are Flibo and Terry (though he has some stuff to sort out at the moment), but otherwise it's stragglers popping in every now and again and giving up when nobody is around to say 'Hello!'. Admittedly, I don't always say much because there aren't so many people anymore, and that's why I'm making this thread, to bring OCC's IRC room to your attention, and, to hopefully spark it's former popularity.

So how do you get there? There are three ways:

1) Look at the menu bar near the top of the OCC homepage OR the OCC forum. Toward the far right of the group of buttons you'll notice 'IRC Chat'. Click on that button and a new window will open up Mibbit, a web-based Java chat client that will automatically connect you to the OCC IRC room.

2) On the go? Have an Android? Use AndIRC to connect to the IRC room with the information below. Other IRC apps are available for the Android and there may be apps for your phone, too!

3) If you use or want to use a standalone chat client such as mIRC or HydraIRC, you can connect to the OCC IRC with the following information.

Server: irc.coldfront.net

Port: 6667 (or 7778 for SSL)

Room: overclockersclub

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there everybody, I'm going to be playing some movies tonight, should be great fun, be sure to hop on the IRC fun with other OCC members. :D

Edit: Due to lack of interest and the fact that I'm really busy tonight, I'm rescheduling this movie night to the weekend, most likely friday night or saturday night.

Edited by Deathmineral