Need advice HW update

Hello!

My current PC specs are: CPU: Intel [email protected], Motherboard: Intel DP35DP, GPU: EVGA GTX460 768MB, RAM: 2x2Gb DDR2 A-Data 800Mhz and PSU: Chieftec 550W

Because I got new graphic card (GTX460) I think my other components are bottlenecking it. Could u help me to choose new motherboad, cpu and cooler for cpu. Thanks in advance.

Give us a little more information mikits.

What resolution is your monitor? What makes you think you have a bottleneck? What game are you playing and what performance are you getting in terms of FPS?

The Q6600 is still a very capable processor and should be able to keep up with the GTX 460 I would have thought but somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hello!

My current PC specs are: CPU: Intel [email protected], Motherboard: Intel DP35DP, GPU: EVGA GTX460 768MB, RAM: 2x2Gb DDR2 A-Data 800Mhz and PSU: Chieftec 550W

Because I got new graphic card (GTX460) I think my other components are bottlenecking it. Could u help me to choose new motherboad, cpu and cooler for cpu. Thanks in advance.

If you buy a decent CPU cooler such as the Noctua NH-D14 or a Zalman 9900 you should be able to put a decent overclock on your CPU. If you can break 3.0ghz with a quad core, you are definitely not going to bottleneck that GPU (or any really for that matter).

Ok, but the thing is about my motherboard. It doesnt support overclocking. Could someone recommend me a good one? :) Thanks in advance.

Monitor is 1680x1050

Edited by mikits

Ok, but the thing is about my motherboard. It doesnt support overclocking. Could someone recommend me a good one? :) Thanks in advance.

Monitor is 1680x1050

I'd ask around on some forums for a p35 or p45 motherboard, aim for $80 or less