looking for a new card

wormy

Ive got a Athlon 64 X2 4800+ with 3gb of ddr2 533mhz and a EVGA 8400gs. what Im lookinng for is a good graphics card upgrade for under $200usd. anyone have any suggestions? I only play one game atm and its called Trackmania United Forever. I would like to be able to turn most stuff up to high, right now I can only do low settings to get about 25fps avg.....thanks in advance

What resolution, I would say go conservative with a 5770 or maybe 450GTS probably as the rest of your system wouldn't bottleneck them that bad, if at all.

Best card in that price bracket would be a 460 1GB or 6850 (whichever would be cheaper)

thanks guys my current res is 1680x1050 so would those choices be good at that res?

My recommendations stand, you could always allocate some money to put together a simple Athlon II X4 system to go with your 460 or 6850 ;)

My recommendations stand, you could always allocate some money to put together a simple Athlon II X4 system to go with your 460 or 6850 ;)

Everything Iviy says is like Gold... 5770 would do great, as well as a 450gts, but if your power supply can handle it, gtx 460 would be some domination for sure.

Everything Iviy says is like Gold... 5770 would do great, as well as a 450gts, but if your power supply can handle it, gtx 460 would be some domination for sure.

:withstupid:

I had a 5770 and it did very well at 1680x1050 and even at 1080p. But if you can , get a GTX460 or HD6850