Sign in to follow this  
xPETEZx

NEW MP3 player

Hi All,

About 4-5 yrs ago I had a 80GB Creative Zen, it cost around £200 at the time and it was fantastic. Everything worked brilliantly.

Last year after about the 1000th drop, the internal disk finally gave up the ghost.

Being a bit strap for cash I picked up a new cheap zen (about £40) with 30GB storage.

The thing is a nightmare. Half the time it dosent connect to the PC properly, the software is terrible (does work with Media Player) often saying one thing, and doing another. (Ie. you copy some new music over, and rename some songs. Check the device and nothing has changed)

So, bottom line, I am looking for a NEW MP3 player. I want something as good as my old Zen. (No iPods. I hate iTunes.)

Any suggestions? I was looking at Zune's, but cant seem to find the high capacity ones anywhere? I have about 50GB of music, and would like ALL of it to be on the device.

Thanks!

You know Ipods don't require Itunes to use, Winamp can transfer music to it. You can try Microsoft's zune if u want, I've heard good things about them.

Ideally no more than £150 is the budget.

For the right device, it can stretch to £200.

Ill check out the Cowon's see if there is anything that works.

Can anyone confirm if you can still buy large disk Zune's? I can only find the HD, which is expensive.

Thanks for all the advice, but looks like I am going to go with a new phone instead.

I really wanted Last.fm scrobling from my MP3 player, and it seems only the iPod touch will do it. But as I said, not interested in running iTunes.

So far the HTC Wildfire is looking good. Gonna have a play tomorrow, see whats good.

You know Ipods don't require Itunes to use, Winamp can transfer music to it. You can try Microsoft's zune if u want, I've heard good things about them.
Edited by SpeedCrazy

I used to have a 30GB Zen Vision W and Vision M, both awesome mp3 players but I had just over 8GB of music so I just got a 16GB microSD for my phone and I was happy. (I usually just Last.FM music anyway and rarely listen to my collection anyway lol)

I've had my Ipod Touch 8gb for over a year now and must say its actually really nice. Funny thing is, I rarely used the thing for music :P. I mainly use it for surfing the internet at home or checking emails. I used to use youtube for music, but now I bought some songs(10 :D) and use it for its actual purpose now. A cellphone is probably the best route though. They usually allow you to use MicroSD cards which allow for more space/songs. And you can call and do everything else aswell.

I have a Cowon J3. It works quite well (once you figure out some of the quirks, that is). One of the navigation themes is kinda glitchy, but other than that, it's great (I decided not to use that one any more...).

Sound quality is great (FLAC ftw, etc). Battery life is excellent. I've probably charged it 3 times since I bought it...months ago. Oh, and the screen is just gorgeous. :)

I have the 8GB version, with a 8GB SDHC card.