CPU Usage always 100%

Jared5755

Running Windows 7 64 bit.

I've been monitoring the CPU Usage through the Windows Task Manager for a couple weeks now. I have yet to see anything except 100%. Even when I first boot up and the system is just sitting there. Is this normal?

Running Windows 7 64 bit.

I've been monitoring the CPU Usage through the Windows Task Manager for a couple weeks now. I have yet to see anything except 100%. Even when I first boot up and the system is just sitting there. Is this normal?

has the machine been infected??

has the machine been infected??

I run avast anti-virus every night and it's never found anything. It's a brand new computer. Here are the specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Videocard: HIS H685F1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1

PSU: a 750W Cooler Master I got on sale at the local store

I started thinking that Windows Task Manager doesn't monitor CPU usage very well and just always shows 100%

I run avast anti-virus every night and it's never found anything. It's a brand new computer. Here are the specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Videocard: HIS H685F1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1

PSU: a 750W Cooler Master I got on sale at the local store

I started thinking that Windows Task Manager doesn't monitor CPU usage very well and just always shows 100%

Wow, I figured it out. When I first built the PC up I ran Prime95 for a while to test things out. It's been running ever since. I thought for sure I closed it...lol

Wow, I figured it out. When I first built the PC up I ran Prime95 for a while to test things out. It's been running ever since. I thought for sure I closed it...lol

lol....ok, well good...so how'd it do?

• 1 month later...

100% all time is not normal. Less with that 1090t is very good processor.

Check the processes list and see which one is eating CPU time.

Also you can try with your motherboard utilities. For example I have an old Asus p5ld2 and p6x58d-e and both have utilities for CPU usage. Your mobo must have one too since is asus too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...