Sign in to follow this  
TropicalPreist

4 Monitor Setup SPECS HELP!!!

Put simply i have 4 veiwsonic monitors. Each monitor only have 1 VGA and 1 HDMI input. I need to build a pc that can handle the 4 monitors even though i'm obviously limited by the inputs. If it's not possible what do you think should be a total config of two seperate desktops. Im trying to keep it low cost as possible. PLEASE HELP fellas!

-Mike

Put simply i have 4 veiwsonic monitors. Each monitor only have 1 VGA and 1 HDMI input. I need to build a pc that can handle the 4 monitors even though i'm obviously limited by the inputs. If it's not possible what do you think should be a total config of two seperate desktops. Im trying to keep it low cost as possible. PLEASE HELP fellas!

-Mike

Need more data (there should be an emoticon for that - maybe a pic of Data from Star Trek the Next Generation?)

1. What resolutions will you have them at?

2. Is your motherboard SLI and/or Crossfire capable?

3. Will you be gaming on all four, or mostly be using them for extra real-estate for web browsing, working, photo/video editing, etc?

Need more data (there should be an emoticon for that - maybe a pic of Data from Star Trek the Next Generation?)

1. What resolutions will you have them at?

2. Is your motherboard SLI and/or Crossfire capable?

3. Will you be gaming on all four, or mostly be using them for extra real-estate for web browsing, working, photo/video editing, etc?

There is no desktops built yet. It won't be used for gaming no. It's for a teacher in her class room. The resolutions im not sure of ill find out. She just wants to run two power points on two monitors and the other two, one will run a video feed and a picture slideshow.

At those resolutions and it being for non-gaming, you'll be okay with two HD 5770's (1GB versions) in Crossfire or two GTS 450's in SLI. What do you have for sound? Are you going to use the sound from the monitors (if they have any)? Or will you sport your own external sound setup? If you're using monitor speakers, you need to connect them with HDMI. So you'll have 2 speakers with sound, and 2 speakers without (from using DVI), unless you have cards with two HDMI outputs for each card.

EVGA 01G-P3-1450-TR GeForce GTS 450 FPB (Free Performance Boost) 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 x16 Video Card

SKU: 980854

8 in Stock

$109.99 after rebate savings [details]

_

REMOVE $129.99 $259.98

Asus P5N-D LGA 775 nForce 750i SLI ATX Motherboard

SKU: 554964

10 in Stock

$84.99 after rebate savings [details]

_

REMOVE $94.99 $94.99

OCZ Technology Performance Gold 4GB DDR2-800 (PC-6400) Dual Channel Memory Kit (Two 2GB Memory Modules)

SKU: 982249

6 in Stock

$74.99 after rebate savings [details]

OCZ Technology ModXStream Pro 700W Modular ATX Power Supply

SKU: 037697

20+ in Stock

$59.99 after rebate savings [details]

_

REMOVE $79.99 $79.99

Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q8300 Boxed

SKU: 776765

In-store Pickup Only

20+ in Stock

Due to limited availability of this item, only 1 item per household can be ordered.

_

REMOVE $89.99 $89.99

Western Digital Caviar Green WD5000AADS 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM

SKU: 421099

15 in Stock

_

REMOVE $49.99 $49.99

LG GH22NS50 22X Internal SATA Super Multi DVD Drive OEM

SKU: 421008

20+ in Stock

_

REMOVE $19.99 $19.99

Cooler Master CM 690 ATX Mid Tower Case

SKU: 929745

In-store Pickup Only

_

REMOVE $74.99 $74.99

SUBTOTAL $754.91

SHIPPING OPTION $0.00

TAX $26.42

TOTAL $781.33

Go with an AM3 CPU and motherboard and utilize the combo deals at Newegg (don't get an LGA 775). You only save at MicroCenter if you're buying the i7 950 or a high-end AM3 CPU with a motherboard combo (not that good of motherboards, either) for $50 off (which they aren't doing now).

I'm also selling great 1333MHz DDR3 2x2GB kits for $50, or two kits for $90, they can overclock to 1600MHz speeds at 8-8-8-24-1T timings. Way better than any OCZ memory product in terms of stability and price/performance. I'd recommend at least 8GB memory since you're going to be having a lot of applications open at the same time.

Just make sure you're using a 64-bit OS!

Again, buy from Newegg instead. Your DVD-R/RW drive should be less than $20. Get a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB for $55 at Superbiiz. It's twice as much space and twice as fast as the WD Caviar Green.

Your entire build should be around $685.

CPU/Motherboard combo = $160

Two GTS 450 or HD 5770's = $240

8 GB DDR3 = $90

DVD-R/RW = $20

Samsung Spinpoint F3 = $55

PSU/Case Combo = $120

You might get away with a HD57xx with 3 x Displayport to VGA adaptors and a motherboard with onboard graphics (890G series springs to mind). A triple core CPU would be plenty and are fairly cheap. For the rest, reliability and longevity would be high priorities.