redtigerdragon

Form gtx 275 to...?

So what's the next step up from a gtx 275? From what I've seen, it would have to be the 5870 or 480? Maybe? I'm not really sure, so I'm differing to the experts.

You can get another GTX 275 to put in SLI (if your motherboard supports it), which will put it within the performance of a GTX 295, which is equivalent to an overclocked GTX 480. Someone is selling a GTX 275 for $130 on the Market forums, and I think that's the best way to go.

If you can't SLI, then wait for the GTX 570, which will come out before the end of the year and equal, if not better, the GTX 480.

You can get another GTX 275 to put in SLI (if your motherboard supports it), which will put it within the performance of a GTX 295, which is equivalent to an overclocked GTX 480. Someone is selling a GTX 275 for $130 on the Market forums, and I think that's the best way to go.

If you can't SLI, then wait for the GTX 570, which will come out before the end of the year and equal, if not better, the GTX 480.

:withstupid:

GTX275 sli but I think it would be better to wait till the ATI 6 series and the new Nvidia 5 series cards.

It is SLI compatible, but I'm weird and like single card configurations. I also want to cascade this card down to my second lan gamer/HTPC computer, so I'm looking for a single card setup.

It is SLI compatible, but I'm weird and like single card configurations. I also want to cascade this card down to my second lan gamer/HTPC computer, so I'm looking for a single card setup.

Then wait for the GTX 570 that is rumored to come out sometime in December, or the GTX 560 that is rumored to come out sometime in January. The GTX 570 will probably match a GTX 480, while the GTX 560 will match that of a GTX 470, and both will be better overclockers.

Then wait for the GTX 570 that is rumored to come out sometime in December, or the GTX 560 that is rumored to come out sometime in January. The GTX 570 will probably match a GTX 480, while the GTX 560 will match that of a GTX 470, and both will be better overclockers.

:withstupid: except wait for the 6900s too!

Wouldn't the GTX 460 qualify as a decent upgrade from the 275?

No, it's more of a slight up-and-to-the-side-grade. I had the GTX 275 until it went out on me. A single GTX 460 1GB matches a GTX 275 1GB, but is more efficient and has heck of a lot more overclockability, and also supports DX11.