Official Quick Mushkin Contest

Bosco

Mushkin is coming up with some really cool new products over the next 2 months or so. There is one in particular I am really looking forward to testing out..... under NDA so I can't say anything :whistling:

Anyways they decided before going into the Christmas contest that they wanted to give a way a 1000 Watt PSU to you guys.

To enter into the contest all you have to do is post in this thread what you like about them or what type of product or products you would like to see them come out with. Thats it quick and sweet, contest will end on Nov 21st.

Good Luck guys :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bosco, maybe put, "[OFFICAL CONTEST]" in the title to capture more peoples attention?

I've always wanted to have a Mushkin product. I hear their memory products are great, and their SSD's are starting to look good, too. I never heard of a Mushkin PSU, though.

Edited for new ideas frequently:

1. If they're starting to go the PSU route, I'd like to see them make a case for a PSU/case combo. Maybe even make cases that allow for two PSU's and have them connected... so you could connect a 2nd PSU to a 1st one (like a 650W and a 750W), thus make each PSU come with an extra cable for connecting to another Mushkin or non-Mushkin PSU.

2. What if they made a memory module adapter kit? For example, you've got 4 RAM slots on your motherboard that supports 16GB memory, but you have 4x2GB 1333 memory modules for 8GB total. If you want to max out to 16GB without having to buy 4x4GB modules and trying to sell the 4x2GB kits, you buy a memory module adapter kit where you can get two memory modules to fit in the adapter kit, then that adapter kit fits in one of the RAM slots. So now you have 2 RAM slots available on the motherboard and can buy a 2x4GB 1333 memory kit for a total of 16GB memory. The only drawbacks are if you've got a low hanging CPU heatsink, but maybe the memory module adapter kits will only work on the end RAM slots, and not on the middle RAM slots (the design would have to be worked out).

3. How about a bootable USB 2.0/3.0 RAID hub? Let's say someone decides to buy four 16GB USB 2.0 flash drives for $20 each. Put them in the USB 2.0/3.0 RAID hub and you now have a speedy external flash drive that can be configured in RAID 0/1/5/10 for $80 plus the cost of the USB 2.0/3.0 RAID hub. There may be limitations in USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, but maybe they can also allow the USB hub to be connected to a machine via eSATA? Just make sure there's some cooling involved, that thing might get hot. Plus, maybe allow partitions to be in RAID. For example, each of the four 16GB USB 2.0 flash drives only dedicate 12GB to the hub's RAID array. If you took one out, there'd be 4GB that would work when not in RAID. The catch is, the data in the RAID array wouldn't be accessible unless they were all together in the RAID hub.

4. Not sure if it's possible, but what about memory upgrades for video cards? Say someone has a HD 5870 1GB but wanted 2GB's instead. Add in another 1GB somehow? Didn't put much thought to it, but thought it would be interesting if it could be done.

5. Hah, now here's one! What about having memory modules with some SSD storage space? Not only do you get 4GB memory, but also a 64GB SSD in one module! That's probably way out of the realm of possibility, but I thought I'd throw that out there. :P

EDIT: Actually, a company called Viking Modular Solutions already something in the works (but only as a SSD, not both RAM and memory). http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=1038 - Great minds think alike. :biggrin:

I like Mushkin because they have excellent customer support and I know I can expect reliable, quality products from them. I hear great things about their RAM products, and I would expect no less.

As far as future products go, I think a Mushkin motherboard would be awesome.

Edited by AddictedGamer93

I like Mushkin for a few reasons, mainly they always have the best memory on the market. I would also like to see them stop using lower end OEMs to make their PSUs (Seasonic or FSP would be awesome).

Edited by hornybluecow

I like the fact that Mushkin is pushing beyond the boundries of just being a "memory" manufacturer. Their entry into the SSD and Power Supply markets has been welcome. However, the very best thing about Mushkin is that their products and customer service are dependable, predictable and reliable (at least for me they have been).

I'd like to see Mushkin design and produce a dual or triple bay RAID box with their own independent controller using two or three 120Gb SSD drives.

Edited by wevsspot

There customer service has got to be the best that I have dealt with, fast and responsive. I burned up my Mushkin Redline XP3500 1G kit, and they immediately started the RMA process on it, it took maybe 2 weeks for the entire process and in return I got Mushkin Redline XP4000 1GB stick, so for my inconvenience they gave me an upgrade. :thumbsup:

While I've never had to deal with their customer service, I do know that Mushkin products work extremely well and as such we use them here at the CS department of the University of New Mexico for everything ranging from your average desktop box to our massive rendering beast we put together month-and-a-half back.

Since they are a VERY high quaility memory maker, it would make sense for them to make more of a shove into the SSD market. Perhaps they could work something out with Microsoft to have a drive made strictly JUST for Windows 7 (size wise at least) and came with a version of it installed. While this would make the price go up, it does remove some of the hassle from putting together a new build and would be something that I would definatly buy and recommend!

I have never owned a mushkin product myself, but I have heard their memory is affordable yet high quality! I may actually choose some Mushkin memory next time I order memory. What I would really like to see in their power supplies is them being modular. And I mean fully modular like corsairs. Modular PSU's are IMO the best PSU's because it allows great cable management.