AMD's 6xxx series scaling improvements?

E13thirty7

Anand has xfire 5870s beating sli GTX 580s at Metro 2033 maxed at 2560x1600 with AA

I'd also like to see what drivers he's using since some of the scores seem either inflated or lower than what I've seen.

Was that 5870's or 6870's. I love my 5870 but I cant see its xfire beating GTX 480 SLI let alone 580 SLI. 5000 series X-fire doesn't scale that well.

I dont see what the big argument about the 6870 only getting slightly higher fps in cf compared to the 5870 is all about.

The question posed by OP was weather the cf scaling was better, and the fact that in single card apps the 6870 is weaker than the 5870 but when put in cf it matches or exceeds the 5870 shows that at least for the mid range cards, the cf scaling has been improved in this generation. Hopefully that means that the high end scaling will be improved as well.

As for driver support, performance wise NV wins. I like AMD's system though. It may not boost maximum performance, but if I have a problem I dont have to wait nearly as long for it to be addressed.