GTX 580 vs. upcoming 6970?

E13thirty7

512mb, yeah its old. What I meant was I have not noticed any performance increases after almost a year of drivers for my card. Understandable though I guess. Still, its known ATI's drivers are not that great compared to Nvidia.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

512mb, yeah its old. What I meant was I have not noticed any performance increases after almost a year of drivers for my card. Understandable though I guess. Still, its known ATI's drivers are not that great compared to Nvidia.

yeah, like ive said, the card may be great, but with whats backing it up is wat matters, the drivers and crossfire scaling is low compared to nvidias drivers and SLI.....

yeah, like ive said, the card may be great, but with whats backing it up is wat matters, the drivers and crossfire scaling is low compared to nvidias drivers and SLI.....

Are ATI drivers usually junk? Yes

Does Nvidia win the driver battle? Yes

Have the people on this thread read some reviews after they were told in post #5 to go check out the reviews? NO

But, no matter, the scaling on the 68xx cards has so far been amazing! I think we can expect this trend to continue with the 69xx cards. But, do yourselves a favor and check out the reviews on CF scaling for the new AMD cards! You will like what you read. Right on ivi for pointing this out in post #5 ;)

Yeah because drivers cant magically make more performance, the card is two gens old and therefore is as optimized as it's gonna be.

What resolution are ya again? Higher resolutions may get cramped by the 512mb

I think AMD saw what the 580 was and took a step back to to make sure they had enough in the tank to pass it!

I wont argue that one at all, I hope they can pull it off instead of the strong second place they always achieve. Especially with the delay, they better crap some thunder.

1920x1080. But I think something is also going on with my HDD, since occasionally I get 3-5 sec freezes and I hear the disks kinda stop and rewind :O

If you hear your HDD's clicking at all, this is the 1st sign of failure! I would back up you data immediately!

I think AMD saw what the 580 was and took a step back to to make sure they had enough in the tank to pass it!

Where one person replies with "lol" I will say Heck yea to this ;) Especially if AMD can show a performance gain using less power and lower temps, with more time! All this will do is benefit us the consumer.

I wont argue that one at all, I hope they can pull it off instead of the strong second place they always achieve. Especially with the delay, they better crap some thunder.

With the power and heat that it took Nvidia to overcome the 5xxx series cards from ATI, I personally would go with the "strong second place" cards any day of the week ;) I didn't even make a switch until the 460's came out and ran perfectly for my tastes!

Edited by SpeedwayNative

Ahh I got nothing important on here. Everything has already been wiped off before. All the important stuff is usually saved online somewhere for me. But damn I expected more of this HDD. Samsung F1 spinpoint, damn :(

I was reading on fudzilla about a GTX 570 and I got kinda excited lol

Hopefully the HD 6950 and 6970 are better overclockers, overclocking makes everything more fun :). But they got delayed -.-

Edited by Krieg1337