1/3 of students in their senior year caught cheating.

SpeedCrazy

Playing by broken rules isn't cheating. It sucks, but it's not cheating.

the moral imperative pertains to all sentient beings:

mor·al im·per·a·tive (plural mor·al im·per·a·tives)

noun

Definition: unavoidable obligation: a thing that must be done because it is right, regardless of opposition or difficulty

Hell, if I was President, I'd invade Mexico and Canada and make them the 51st state.. Sorry Bosco! :P

We have our own problems here but I think a lot of us wouldn't want that to happen. To be honest if that happened I would move to a whole different country all together :lol:

the moral imperative pertains to all sentient beings:

mor·al im·per·a·tive (plural mor·al im·per·a·tives)

noun

Definition: unavoidable obligation: a thing that must be done because it is right, regardless of opposition or difficulty

Do you pay taxes on internet purchases?

A cheap shot that doesn't make your side of the argument look any better.

Moral decay. Rome was an empire that succumbed to this. The more we look away from it the further we slide. Next you'll make the argument that stealing is just a redisposition of wealth to those enterprising enough to take what they want. I suppose you already have as cheating is stealing much of the time.

I now know much more about you than I wish I did. Nothing personal but I wouldn't trade or deal with you in the market place forum no matter how good the deal or how good the money.

But aren't we talking about academic cheating?

I think the problem with this discussion is everyone assumes that if someone cheats it means they cheat at everything and there just a dishonest person and what people don't understand is cheating is a subjective term and there are different levels and types of cheating and just because someone cheats academically doesn't mean they are going to try to cheat to get anything they want?

Do you pay taxes on internet purchases?

yes, i'm in california; all online purchases are taxed, exception being amazon, which through a special governmental arrangement, isn't taxed anywhere, afaik.

yes, i'm in california; all online purchases are taxed, exception being amazon, which through a special governmental arrangement, isn't taxed anywhere, afaik.

I think what he was trying to get at is most states unlike California don't add the tax to the bill (unless of course you live in the same state as the place your ordering from) when you click checkout most states have tax laws that say you should pay tax on goods bought from another state online however they do not typically go after you if you choose not to pay them.

So maybe the better question is would you pay taxes on stuff bough online even if the state didn't come after you to pay them?

I think what he was trying to get at is most states unlike California don't add the tax to the bill (unless of course you live in the same state as the place your ordering from) when you click checkout most states have tax laws that say you should pay tax on goods bought from another state online however they do not typically go after you if you choose not to pay them.

So maybe the better question is would you pay taxes on stuff bough online even if the state didn't come after you to pay them?

ah, ok, i see the connection now. to be frank, i don't particularly care for the online taxes but i don't quibble over them either. i look at the bottom line mostly and compare that with my needs/budget etc. ....now shipping costs, on the other hand, bugs the living caca out of me. i will stop a purchase and shop elsewhere in a heartbeat, if the shipping is to expensive....which oftentimes brings me back to amazon...go figure !

...but from a moral standpoint, i believe i pay my dues, and do my level best to act like the good man my wife, daughters and grand-daughter thinks i am.

There is but one rule of conduct for a man _ to do the right thing. The cost may be dear in money, in friends, in influence, in labor, in a prolonged and painful sacrifice, but the cost not to do right is far more dear: You pay in the integrity of your manhood, in your honor, in strength of character; and, for a timely gain, you barter the infinite.

-Archer G. Jones

cheating sukks

cjloki

Yes, in those cases (for instance if I don't order from newegg since they tax me), you're SUPPOSE to claim those purchased items when tax returns come around

Yes, in those cases (for instance if I don't order from newegg since they tax me), you're SUPPOSE to claim those purchased items when tax returns come around

Your suppose to pay the taxes however not that many people do it because otherwise you wouldn't see states trying to pass laws that require merchants to collect the sales tax at the sale and then send the taxes to the state were it is due.

But anyways not to get way off topic I think the point that people on the other side of the argument are trying to make is no one is 100% moral all the time cheating is not a black white type of a thing eventually your going to cheat or some people like to think of it as bending the rules whether it be academically, financially, socially whether you know it or not and cheating does not always result in something bad happening. Just because someone cheats doesn't mean there just a butch of free loaders trying to get something for nothing.

I think most of us can agree that cheating is wrong and gets you know were in the end most of the time. However there is a place for it in life in certain situations and when you get to those situation it should be used very sparingly and cautiously.

I also think the same can be said for honesty and integrity most people would agree that being honest is the best policy which it is in most situations however in some situations there is such a thing as being too honest and unfortunately there are people out there who take advantage of other peoples high levels of honesty for there own personal gain.