1/3 of students in their senior year caught cheating.

SpeedCrazy

They caught 3 people cheating in my Java class at UCF. Three students posted the homework on freelancing programmer auction sites. I heard two turned themselves in.

UCF is good at catching cheaters it seems.

Edited by Krazyxazn

While I totally disagree with the second guy, Im not sure about this whole thing...

I mean if the answers were out and easily available on the internet, who's fault was that?

The Prof for having testing methodologies where possible questions were available either from a past exam or they were leaked do to a lack of operational security.

What type of test was it anyways? Its not like 1/3 people looked at the sheet next to them.

The article gives a very vague outline.

As for the "testing" methodologies for finding cheating /non-cheating individuals... whatever algorithms or testing methods they use to find cheaters may just turn a false positive.

Just take the damn ethics test.

Todays take home message: its only called cheating when you get caught.

What exactly do you mean andrew when you say that the second student should be right?

I guess what I posted WAS pretty vague.

What I meant was that it should be a moral lesson.

What he said and was dismissing as something it shouldn't[/b] is EXACTLY what is should be.

This is dumb . in the work world the boss dosent care how you got the answer , ur not paid to do your homework , your paid to have the answer. get it however you can and beat the other guy. the only thing this teaches them is that these teachers are petty and dont like that they were beat so easily by so many .

if all the answers are posted online and you can remember then long enough to ace the test ur the winner.

I would go as far as saying a boss would like it better knowing there employee could find any answer faster then anyone rather then someone who had a bunch memorized but didnt know where to find the rest of the answers as fast.

This is dumb . in the work world the boss dosent care how you got the answer , ur not paid to do your homework , your paid to have the answer. get it however you can and beat the other guy. the only thing this teaches them is that these teachers are petty and dont like that they were beat so easily by so many .

if all the answers are posted online and you can remember then long enough to ace the test ur the winner.

Well where they're at isn't the work world. This is a university, and universities have rules. If you can't follow simple rules and ethic codes at a university then you obviously can't be trusted to do the same anywhere else.

I would go as far as saying a boss would like it better knowing there employee could find any answer faster then anyone rather then someone who had a bunch memorized but didnt know where to find the rest of the answers as fast.

University courses aren't designed to see which students can steal answers and spread them across to other students. They're designed to see which students are going to put in the time to learn the material and pass the exams on their own. If they can't do that then they don't deserve to pass.

Well where they're at isn't the work world. This is a university, and universities have rules. If you can't follow simple rules and ethic codes at a university then you obviously can't be trusted to do the same anywhere else.

University courses aren't designed to see which students can steal answers and spread them across to other students. They're designed to see which students are going to put in the time to learn the material and pass the exams on their own. If they can't do that then they don't deserve to pass.

Then what are they there for ? could it be to get them ready for the work world ? if there not ready to lie steal and cheat then there not ready for the work world.

and those rules include doing your own research and finding the best way to get the answer.

Then what are they there for ? could it be to get them ready for the work world ? if there not ready to lie steal and cheat then there not ready for the work world.

and those rules include doing your own research and finding the best way to get the answer.

Maybe university courses are designed to create a better world where people don't lie, cheat, and steal to get what they want. Perhaps if moral standards applied throughout the workforce then maybe we wouldn't be so disgusted when we look at all of our politicians and the CEO's of the largest companies. Maybe you're content with these kinds of people running your country, but I'm not.

• Like 1