Kingston Hyperx Timings ?

I seem to have hit a wall with me O/C, I have 2.4c and I can't seem to get over 3.0 and be stable enough. My ram is hyperx 3200(2X512), timings are 2.3.2.6. I am using an ASUS P4P800 Deluxe. Does anyone know what other settings I should use ?

That kinston you have is CH-5, so the RAS-CAs has to stay at 3. My old CH-5 HyperX would 2-3-2-6 on a 2.9vdimm. Your board will only do 2.8vdimm though, so you the best you could shoot for would probaly be 2-3-3-6 at 2.8vdimm.

Thanks for the info, sounds like I should get diff ram, any suggustions for the P4P800-Deluxe ?

Well I got my new ram... Mushkin PC3500 level II (2x512) @ newegg (refurbished) for only $205.00 :D:lol::rolleyes:

Edited by Mangar

I think i have the same ram because the best i can get is 2-3-2-6 at 2.8v. How can i tell if its ch-5

If it is Kingston HyperX, look at the model number. If it says "KHX3200A", you've got CH-5. Any kingston number with "A" on the end means CH-5. Also, if you can't bring your RAS-CAS any lower than 3, you've got CH-5.

any suggustions for the P4P800-Deluxe

My vote would go for some BH-5 sticks of PC3500. it will do 2-2-2-6 on a 2.8vdimm at 5:4 with no problems.

Sounds like the exact same problem I ran into.....don't want to seem like I'm cross posting, but is Mushkin Level 1 bh-5 or not? I've found a stick of 512mb pc3500 for 105. But it's not worth purchasing unless I can be sure it's the stuff that works.

here

Only Level 2's are BH-5's. NewEgg have some left but no dual channel packs- you will have to buy it individually. In the last 10 days they raise their price from 139usd to 155usd. Better hurry- when they are gone- ADIOS.

Other people that have P4 systems rave about it- look at the comment at NewEgg- Extremely tight setting at 2-2-2-5 on NF2's. Go to Mushkin.com for their specs for P4's.

Edited by smithy

Wish I had found this website before I bought my RAM. At the time everyone told me Kingston was the best, and to be honest I cant complain but oh well. Anyway I cant seem to get the timings right and to be honest again, I really dont know that much about changing the timings. I tried one set someone had recommended. I noticed in my BIOS it had 5 figures to mess with while most ppl post 4.

Anyway, the current settings are 2.5-4-4-8-8 and I tried to change to 2.5-3-2-5-8. I have an Asus P4P800 mobo. 2.8GHz Pent 4 HT, o/ced to 3.5. Any suggestions?

Oh yea I have Kingston HyperX PC3000 :( meant to buy 3200 *cries*

Edited by Cyberbeer